The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ), established in 1972, is a non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation, which provides non-discriminatory, friendly, gender-sensitive and comprehensive Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) services to hard-to-reach and vulnerable groups who include young people and women of reproductive age in Zambia. PPAZ envisions a society in which all people in Zambia enjoy equal sexual and reproductive health and rights and have equal access to quality and affordable sexual and reproductive health Information and services. PPAZ’s mission is to advocate for the sexual and reproductive health and rights of women, men, young people, especially the vulnerable, and empowers them to make free and informed reproductive health choices.
The position is based at PPAZ Lusaka Clinic.
The position will contribute to the improvement of health and wellbeing of women and the young people through increased access to information, comprehensive Family Planning and other Sexual Reproductive Health services.
This position will directly report to the Manager Service Delivery and have a working relationship with the Hub Manager.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement all CORE project activities at facility, community and Associated facility levels.
- Coordinate volunteer, Community Based Distributors and Peer Educator SRHR service provision
- Represent the CORE project in technical platforms at community, facility, district and provincial levels.
- Take lead in Quality Improvement/Quality Assurance activities at facility and community levels
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual CORE project reports.
- Participate in the preparation of the PPAZ Annual Programme and Budget (APB).
- Provide oversight on all monitoring and evaluation activities at facility/community level such data collection, entry and data reviews to ensure quality data for reporting, decision making and to inform future programming
- Provide technical support in creating and strengthening linkages and networks between facility and community activities; ensuring seamless implementation of activities leading to improved health outcomes
- Implement laid down safeguarding procedures/guidelines to ensure safety and protection of vulnerable groups such as young people, people living with disabilities and people living in poverty, and ensure timely reporting of critical incidences at service delivery points
- Coordinate all stakeholder/donor activities at the facility/community level such as assessments/evaluations, exchange visits.
- Education and Work Experience
- Diploma in Nursing/Midwifery preferably BSC Nursing.
- Project management will be an added advantage.
- Three (3) years’ work experience in Maternal Health services.
- Skills and Competencies:
- The candidate should possess a valid practising licence to provide and coordinate Sexual and Reproductive Health services.
- Good understanding of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislation relating to the medical field.
- Demonstrate sound knowledge and practical skills in both short and long term family planning methods.
- Good communication skills.
- Computer literate.
Method of Application
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates should send an application letter and detailed CV to not later than
Note: In view of the efforts to stop the spread of Covid19 pandemic, PPAZ is strictly adhering to the guidelines provide by the Ministry of Health in this case observing social distance and use of ICT as much as possible. Please note that no hard copy or hand delivered application will be considered
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.