In line with our corporate growth strategy, we aim to serve our banking clientele with superior value added specialised IT and agile digital product and services that meet increased quality expectations and ever changing innovative requirements. To achieve this, we are seeking a highly technical specialist, self-motivated, result-oriented, qualified and adequately experienced professional to fill the following vacancy in Professional Outcomes Ltd.
Reporting directly to the ICT Technical and Operations Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and repair of out-door and in-store point of sale (POS) hardware machines and, where prescribed, attend to other electronic network systems and hardware issues related to our clients by ensuring that their objectives and facilities meet their day to day business needs and requirements.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Repair and upgrade of point of sale units of our customers install these new stores or service stations, Equipment including though not limited to VeriFone VX675, VX520, and other related products.
- Assist users in the setup, configuration and roll-out of POS systems.
- Carry out system troubleshooting tasks and ensure that permanent fixes are implemented to avoid future occurrence of same problem.
- Troubleshoot and test VeriFone Units and provide minor replacement for, screen, thermal printers, and card scanners and enforce adherence to ICT standards and procedures.
- Document all systems changes and incidents according to incident and enhancement standards and procedures.
- Conduct periodic planned and corrective maintenance of equipment and keep records, communicating with relevant stakeholders, and solving technical problems.
- Ensure that the ICT End user hardware and systems are functioning properly.
- Perform the repair of all faulty ICT End User equipment and accessories.
- Ensure that the ICT network systems are functioning properly.
- Conduct routine maintenance on the networks equipment.
- Undertake installations and configuration of network equipment.
- Provide troubleshooting assistance and upper level support for other technicians
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate or General Certificate of Education or Equivalent
- Minimum of a Diploma in Electrical/Electronics Technician or Computer Science or equivalent
- At least two years of experience in handling, repairing and installation of the Point of Sale devices
- A professional Certification in VeriFone point of sale machines technical support or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- Creating and/or editing POS databases
- Skills & Attributes
- High level of integrity and very good analytical skills
- Systems development and Desktop computing skills
- Able to work hard under pressure and be capable to accept and accomplish challenges
- Familiar with Microsoft applications such as word, excel, visio and project
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
An eye-catching remuneration package will be offered to a best successful candidate that will commensurate with the acquired experience matching the above requirements. Only interested candidates who MEET the above ROLE SPECIFICATIONS and JOB COMPETENCIES should apply attaching their cover letter, straight-to-the point CVs, photocopies of their academic/professional qualifications and any other relevant documentation in support of the application. Daytime and reachable telephone and/or mobile numbers should be clearly stated.
Method of Application
All applications should be addressed to the Talent Acquisition Manager, Professional Outcomes Ltd, Thornpark, Lusaka and submitted electronically to the email below: Because of the current Covid 19 world-wide pandemic best practice requirements, no hard copies of the job application will be allowed.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.