Zambia Electronic Clearing House Ltd (ZECHL) is a corporate entity registered under the Companies Act 1994, Chapter 388 of the Laws of Zambia whose main objective is to provide reliable, efficient and cost-effective clearing and switching services to the financial sector. The company now wishes to recruit for the position to be based at its Head Officer situated at the COMESA Head Office Lusaka.
To assist the Database Administrator, provide superior National Financial Switch application support services in order to ensure availability of reliable and quality information systems and support services that meet user requirements.
- Provide first line support on the National Financial Switch and Cheque Transaction Systems
- Carry out Database administrator functions for ZECHL ICT systems.
- Respond to database related customer inquries on ZECHL ICT systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve all applications and database issues affecting the smooth operations of IT systems.
- Track assigned incidents and ensure timely resolution
- Escalate complex technical issues to Level 2 support
- Follow up customer queries with necessary personnel
- Maintain database schema records
- Maintain backup logs, tapes and related records
Academic and Professional Qualifications & Skills:
- A full Grade 12 Certificate/School Certificate credit passes including English language and Mathematics
- A Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field.
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT Support
- Knowledge of Windows, Oracle and MS SQL
- Able to write SQL queries
- Knowledge Unix/Linux
- Capable of automating Unix tasks
- Capable of writing Unix shell scripts
- Knowledge of Java, PIIP or C#
- Knowledge of Oracle WebLogic Apache Tomcat
- Basic understanding of electronic banking transactions & cards operations
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-makings kills.
- Effective communication skills, strong business and detail-oriented
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your application letter and a detailed CV including your full address, contact numbers with copies of academic and professional certificates to the email below:
In order to reduce the risk of the spread of the COVID – 19, please note that all application responses should be electronic and no hand delivered application Ietters will be accepted.
The closing date for receipt of applications is.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.