Zambia Electronic Clearing House Ltd (ZECHL) is a corporate entity registered under the Companies Act 1994, Chapter 388 of the Laws of Zambia whose main objective is to provide reliable, efficient and cost-effective clearing and switching services to the financial sector. The company now wishes to recruit for the position to be based at its Head Officer situated at the COMESA Head Office Lusaka.
To assist the Systems Applications Officer plan and strategize on the utilisation of lCT in addressing organisation and stakeholder needs. The role contributes to the development of new operational systems and methods in line with modern national payment systems.
- Provide first line support on the National Financial Switch and Cheque Truncation Systems
- Monitor the network and applications to ensure minimal downtime for IT systems
- Assist in the implementation of interfaces for ATM, POS, Mobile Money Channels
- Conversant with modern applications coding languages and programming.
- Handle Customer inquiries on the National Switch both telephonically and through emails.
- Record and report all technical issues affecting the smooth operations of IT systems
- Track assigned incidents and ensure timely resolution
- Escalate complex technical issues to L2 support
- Follow up customer queries with necessary ZECHL personnel
- Maintain all incident records
Academic and Professional Qualifications & Skills
- A Grade 12 certificate/School Certificate with credit passes including English Language and Mathematics
- A Bachelor ‘s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience in IT
- Knowledge of UNIX/Linux systems
- Able to write SQL queries
- Knowledge of any scripting language will be an added advantage
- Basic understanding of electronic banking transactions and cards operations
- The abillly to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and management skills.
- Exceptional negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills. Strong business acumen and detail-oriented
- Experience working with a payments switch (IST, Postilion, SmartVista etc) an added advantage.
Method of Application
If you meet the above qualifications, please send your application letter and a detailed CV including your full address, contact numbers with copies of academic and professional certificates to the email below:
In order to reduce the risk of the spread of the COVID – 19, please note that all application responses should be electronic and no hand delivered application Ietters will be accepted.
The closing date for receipt of applications is.
Please be advised that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.