Applications are invited from suitably qualified, experienced, motivated and reliable individuals to join our significantly growing team of professionals for the position of Finance Manager at Care Cooperative Savings and Credit Society Ltd (CareCoop).
CareCoop is a member driven Savings and Credit Society Organisation (SACCO) registered under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The organization has experienced phenomenal growth in the last few years and now seeks to fill the position of Finance Manager (FM).
Main Purpose of Job
Reporting to the General Manager, the FM will be responsible for managing the financial resources of CareCoop. The role will combine strategic and operational oversight, managing accounting, financial control and investment function to ensure prudent resource utilisation and accountability. The FM will be responsible for formulating strategies for short-term and long-term plans as well as analysing market trends and factors affecting or influencing performance.
- Main duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that CareCoop has effective financial systems, controls and processes in place.
- Provide technical expertise and advice on all financial issues to management and Board of Directors
- Ensure that all finance, treasury and accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically, and consistently and in accordance with relevant CareCoop policies, local and international regulations and standards.
- Lead in preparation of annual budgets and strategic plans ensuring proper allocation and utilisation of resources.
- Ensure that all statutory reports are prepared and that returns are delivered in a timely and accurate manner to relevant authorities
- Prepare and analyse periodic accounting and financial reports in terms of profitability and position against the budget.
- Ensure monthly reconciliation of the General Ledger balances.
- Ensure sound controls and procedures are in place and continuously reviewed for effective operations and that substantiating documentation is approved and available.
- Manage all risks associated with CareCoop’s investments.
- Establish a positive relationships with banks, financial institutions, capital markets and external auditors.
- Coordinate internal and external audits of CareCoop.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) ‘O’ Levels (Credit or better)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accountancy, Finance and/or Professional qualification in ACCA, CIMA, CA Zambia
- Must be a Member of ZICA
- Post Graduate Degree will be an added advantage
- At least 5-8 years working experience in a similar role, at senior level
- Demonstrated experience in banking or microfinance
Key Knowledge & Attributes:
- Sound knowledge of IFRS and IAS
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently
- Assertive with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Leadership and management skills
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Self-motivated, Honest and trustworthy
- Computer literate in MS Office package, knowledge of MS Navision Dynamics is an added advantage
- Strong managerial skills with demonstrated capability to manage people and interact with a wide range of stakeholders
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should email their application letters, CVs with 3 traceable referees and a daytime contact number; as a single document in PDF to the email below: The subject line for the email must be ‘Finance Manager’.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CareCoop is an equal opportunity employer