Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. Our Vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. In Zambia, Save the Children works in the following Thematic areas: Education, Health& Nutrition, Child Protection, Child Rights Governance and Child Poverty; including Humanitarian response. Save the Children wishes to invite qualified individuals to apply for the following new position:
Duty Station: Kalulushi Field Office
The Procurement Assistant is responsible for purchasing of goods and services within Kalulushi Field Office, based on needs of Save the Children’s programmes, managing orders and relations for a complex portfolio of programmes. The Procurement Assistant will ensure that the right supplies and services are procured.
The incumbent will be reporting to Sponsorship Field Office Manager with dotted line to the Supply Chain Specialist.
Key Areas Of Accountability:
- Procuring Goods and Services (Buying)
- Manage suppliers professionally and proactively, providing feedback to improve performance and leading periodic review meetings.
- Provide procurement advice and support to field offices.
- Deliver management information reports summarising key trends in performance of the procurement section against KPIs.
- Manage procurement for the Field Office Programme in line with SCI procurement policies, processes and quality standards through supervision of Purchase Requests and Purchase Order processes.
- Ensure all orders are processed in timely manner, inputted on Procurement Tracker, status updates are communicated to programmes, and that all relevant documentation is filed appropriately.
- Ensure supplier files are routinely updated on performance and that regular reviews of performance are undertaken by the Procurement Committee for evaluation of suppliers for future use.
- Develop strong relations with field office programmes to support them in improving their ordering practices and review all Procurement Plans together with the Logistics Manager.
- Team Management and Capacity Building
- Develop strong relationships with programmes team to support them in improving their procurement practices.
- Performance Management
- Support the line manager in the production of management information reports on a monthly and quarterly basis, including data analysis and recommendations on improving the efficiency of procurement processes.
- Systems, Tools and Processes
- Promote and ensure compliance to our Procurement Policy, Procedures and quality standards.
- Provide ProSave support and procurement advice for sequesters and our FOs.
- Support the Sourcing Coordinator in turning Framework Agreements and Contracts into online catalogues in ProSave that staff can order from directly
- Working with the supply base to ready them/support them for sourcing and ordering through Pro Save
Qualification and Experience
- Diploma Purchasing and Supply or related field.
- A certified member of Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply (CIPS)
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant experience working in procurement, preferably in an NGO/and/or development program, with in depth experience in managing procurement processes.
- Strong knowledge and experience of implementing procurement processes, driving contract compliance and embedding buying best practice.
- Excellent supplier management skills and a strong ability to hold suppliers accountable to deliver on their responsibilities.
- Knowledge of NGO/ Donor policies and their compliance requirements in respect of Procurement and wider supply chain activity is added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including influencing, negotiation and coaching.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks with competing priorities and simultaneously stick to deadlines, whilst maintaining relationships with suppliers and customers.
- Excellent reporting skills, particularly the ability to quickly develop clear and concise delivery tracking, scheduling or pricing, donor, monthly KPI reports.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values and principles
- Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: