The Zambia Medicines Regulatory Authority (ZAMRA) is a statutory body established under the Medicines and Allied Substances Act (No. 3) of 2013 and is responsible for regulation of medicines and allied substances in Zambia.
The Authority invites applications from suitably qualified Zambian citizens to fill the following vacant position
To supervise and undertake internal audit operations in order to ensure transparency and accountability in the application and utilisation of public funds and resources.
Main Duties and responsibilities
- Undertakes timely, preparation and implementation of audit plans and programmes in order to ensure attainment of the unit’s objectives
- Undertakes development and implementation of audit programs in order to facilitate the conduct of internal audit operations
- Undertakes pre and post audits in order to ensure adherence to financial regulations and internal controls
- Undertakes timely, preparation and submission of internal audit reports for decision making;
- Undertakes timely, development of a risk management programme in order to facilitate identification and implementation of interventions, Conducts verifications of assets in order to ascertain their physical existence, value and ownership
- Undertakes provision of secretariat services to the Audit and risk Comm it tee in order to facilitate deliberations and decision making
- Undertakes the implementation of performance management systems in order to enhance individual and organisational performance
- Undertakes effectively formulation, review and implementation of policies in order to provide guidelines
- Undertakes timely preparation and consolidation of the departmental budget in order to facilitate acquisition and allocation of resources and
- Supervises effectively, the human and other resources in order to attain objectives of the unit.
Qualification and Person Specifications:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Bachelor of Accountancy from a recognised University with a Professional Certificate i.e. Level Il ACCA/ZICA
- At least five (5) years work experience in Auditing
- The candidate must be a member of the institute of internal Auditors
- Must be Computer literate
- Good Interpersonal skills
- Good Negotiation skills
- Tact and diplomacy
- Note that the Authority will not receive applications submitted in person. This measure is aimed at promoting social distancing as one way of preventing the coronavirus Disease (COVID-19).
Method of Application
To apply: send your attached:
Cover Letter signed letter
Academic and Professional qualifications
National Registration Card (N RC) copy
Proof of membership to professional board
Phone number and email address