No. Of Direct Reports: 5
Work Station: Mazabuka/ Choma
Micro Loan Foundation Zambia is a Micro financial institution which provides financial services to low income individuals, or people/groups of people who would otherwise have no access to finance. Currently, MLF Zambia has operations in the Eastern, Northern and Southern provinces.
The RM must strategically develop MLF operations in their assigned region of operation to become financially, socially and managerially self-sustainable. The RM must ensure that operational processes are applied and maintained to support the strategic initiatives of the Board of Trustees and the Executive management team.
The role holder will be expected to travel frequently in order to attend to duties at Branch level, but still maintain the work outputs of their post.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan expansion programme for branches.
- Ensure branch managers are managing their branches accordingly, it is, staff and leave schedules, motorbikes, stationery, groups, information etc.
- Ensure that weekly and daily work plans exist for the whole region and through spot checks ensure that it is adhered to.
- Key activity is planned and unscheduled visits and monitoring that groups are properly serviced and maintained.
- Ensure groups which are due for recapitalising are serviced timely.
- Mitigate fraud by doing operations audit on sample basis, thus checking petty cash usage, group screening processes, banking procedures by clients, ensure staff are not handling clients cash by testing whether branch staff are adhering to procedures and policies.
- Ensure groups are keeping their records properly, thus updating treasurers’ books, secretary books and pass books.
- Ensure that Women’s Rights Hand Books are distributed to every group.
- Ensure that information is sent to Head Office timely, thus collection receipts, group encashment dates, clients’ savings withdrawal.
- Ensure group training is conducted in branches and BMs are monitoring it.
- Ensure MLF is offering best service to clients through reduced membership dropout rates
- Ensure clients and branch problems are swiftly solved by LOs, BMs, RMs or Head Office
- Ensure that Loan Staff and BMs are well vest with their targets and ensure their achievement.
- Ensure that branches are operating efficiently and that each branch is covering its operating costs.
- Planning Regional growth and sustainable operations.
- Counselling and mentoring branch staff on how effectively and efficiently they can perform i.e. manage their groups properly, clients sustainable businesses, adherence to MLF Policies and procedures.
- Enhancement of team work and freeing of talents at branch level.
- Identifying of training gaps of branch staff and recommend for their capacity development.
- Coordinating with branch staff on improving quality portfolio management.
- Organising regional meetings.
- Developing and implementing sound financial management and risk management strategies for operational activities
- Optimising the physical infrastructure for the business to operate effectively and cost efficiently
- Adhering to statutory reporting and other regulatory reporting requirements
- Manages and directs the day-day operations of the region’s micro loan activities
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Ensure staff members receive timely and appropriate training and development.
- Establish and monitor staff performance and development goals, assign accountabilities, set objectives, establish priorities, conduct annual performance appraisals, and administer salary adjustments.
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach: assign accountabilities set objectives; establish priorities; and monitor and evaluate results.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Full grade Twelve Certificate.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in a business or finance related field (preferred);
- Demonstrate track record of successfully building and growing a branch.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a leadership style that will build relationships, confidence and trust.
- Relevant skills: Good decision making, Team Player, Reliable, Problem Solving, Innovative.
- Related experience in microfinance will be an advantage.
Method of Application
If interested in the advertised position, send your recently updated CV to the email below: clearly stating in the email subject line the position you are applying for.