Zambia Air Services Training Institute (ZASTI) is a Training Institution under the Ministry of Transport and Communications whose mission is to effectively provide quality training and support services in order to contribute to safety and growth of the aviation industry ZASTI is mandated to produce human resource required for the civil aviation industry.
As an equal opportunity employer, ZASTI is looking for a suitably qualified, dynamic and self-motivated Zambian national to fill the following position. –
To be responsible for the overall function of managing, monitoring and coordinating the training and other activates to ensure effective planning, mobilisation and control of the available resources for the Institute.
- Discharge corporate authority for ensuring that all operations, maintenance and support activities are resourced and carried out to ZASTI standards and other applicable regulatory authorities.
- Ensure that the safety, security and quality of operations are the fundamental priorities in an decision making.
- Ensure corporate policies are established, implemented. Maintained and adhered to.
- Designate the responsible persons and ensure that such persons so designated in the Training and Procedures Manuals shall exercise their vanous authorities and execute their various responsibilities in accordance with the Manuals.
- Ensure that ZASTI operations at all times fully comply with the provisions of the Approved Training Organisation (ATO) and all other applicable legislation and regulations
- Co-ordinate and execute all strategic corporate panning in conjunction with the other responsible Managers and key personnel
- Take any actions as may be required to exercise his responsibilities or to give effects to his commitment to safety, security. quality and reliability.
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in any technical field or Business Administration with 3 years post qualification work
- experience at Management level preferably in the Aviation industry.
- Master’s Degree in any technical field or Business Administration
- Fully paid Member cf a Professional Association and/or valid professional license
- Diploma in Teaching Methodology (Instructional Course) will be an added advantage
- Required Competencies and Personal Attributes:
- Strategic/Business planning skills
- High level of analytical ability
- Good instructional skills
- Good Communication skills – both written and oral
- Good interpersonal skills
- Basic computer skills
Method of Application
All application letters accompanied with curriculum vitae with traceable references and copies of certificates should reach the undersigned:
Note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
The Board Chairperson,
Zambia Air Services Training Institute,
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport,
Corner of Airport Road and Kasisi Road,
PO Box 310198,