Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Advisor is responsible for development of the overall M&E Framework and implementation of M&E related activities within the project and via partners, plus providing timely and relevant information to project stakeholders. This entails close communication with all core project and partner M&E staff; representatives from primary stakeholder groups; and the Team Leader, external consultants and field staff when appropriate. The M&E Manager will lead the design, implementation and management of the project’s monitoring & evaluation framework, baseline and end-line facilitation and design, including instrument design, data collection, and analysis and reporting. They will provide high quality advisory and capacity support to programmes staff to develop and deliver effective M&E systems and indicators that help Programmes to measure progress towards set targets and objectives.
The M&E Advisor will also communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Programme Design and Development:
- Provide technical leadership to all five (5) organisations implementing the ARK 2030 project, to ensure they have functional M&E systems that can inform programming.
- Lead the design and implementation of project’s monitoring & evaluation strategy, including facilitating and designing the programme baseline and end-line.
- Participate in the design, development and ensure programme are aligned to it.
- Work with all Project Managers and M&E Specialists to develop monitoring and evaluation plans for strengthened measurements of Targets. Performance indicators and Outcomes.
- Lead the process of project database development for the project in partnership with all the ARK 2030 Alliance, sub partners and relevant government line ministries and its roll out, including staff training and implementation monitoring.
- Lead the horizontal integration among the different organisations to enhance evidence measurement, monitoring, reporting and organisational learning.
- Work with the Programmes staff and DME to ensure all 31-targeted Area Programmes are aligned to the country strategy.
- Develop a capacity building plan for improving effectiveness, M&E systems, to enhance delivery of project measurement and reporting for project staff and partners
- Support other M&E specialists to conduct trainers of trainers for program staff and partners for effective tracking of indicators and implementation of the project.
- Provide ongoing M&E technical assistance to all organisations, and other partners on the ARK 2030 project.
- Learn from and contribute to regional M&E system for ARK 2030 as well as ICRAF’s GIS mapping system.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Conduct periodic Data Quality Assurance (DQA) to ensure production of high quality data by project staff, partner organisations, and communities.
- Produce consolidated quarterly, semi-annual/annual Reports for ARK 2030 Zambia for sharing with stakeholders and guide positive change restoration work.
- Work with DME specialists to conduct baseline and evaluation processes of Programmes to measure status, impact and scale.
Networking and Liaison:
- Establish networks (across the partner organisations) and alliances with external partners (research institutions, Universities, other NGOs, etc) for the purpose of enhancing program quality.
Research Learning and Innovation:
- Coordinate the consolidation of lessons learnt and work with all partner organisations to guide for learning events
- Support the development of Programme Briefing Papers for innovations to draw lessons learned for sharing with relevant stakeholders.
- Support programs to effectively use outcomes measurement tools in innovative ways that enable enhanced learning provide meaning to programming in their projects.
- Support staff recruitment and orientation in order to attract and retain talent to deliver programmes interventions.
- Build capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring to increase/enhance competency.
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personality, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Child and Adult Safeguarding
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme. Therefore, the job holder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Demography, Statistics, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Engineering, Mathematics and any other related field with minimum 7 years’ experience in relevant field
- Master’s Degree in Demography, Statistics, Economics, Agricultural Economics, Engineering, Mathematics and any other related field is an added advantage with minimum 5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Experience in Project Management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Must have experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, analytical, report writing, baseline/end-line design, and publishing skills
- Experience leading M&E in a project larger than $10M
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, decision making, conflict management,
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Computer literate in statistical packages including Microsoft applications and others such as Word, Excel, Power point, EPI Info, CS Pro, and SPSS
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Work environment: Office-based 70%: field 30%
- Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: