The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for functional Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) system at field level. He/she will assist the nutrition officer in providing support to district and facility based health workers in data management. Moreover, he/she works with the direct supervisor in the coordination and/or the implementation of projects’ baselines and evaluations, as well as the implementation of standardised Monitoring and Evaluation processes and tools for all sectors at field level. S/he will implement and support the project according work plan and prepare reports.
- Jointly develop and implement capacity building plan for health workers and relevant staff on data management in collaboration with Nutrition coordinator and respective district officers
- Support the program in setting up and implementing functional Monitoring systems that will be used to plan and monitor project activities
- Conduct and Coordinate Baselines and evaluation studies at field level in collaboration with the M &E specialist.
Technical support, capacity building and logistic support:
- Facilitate training for partner staff, project and MOH & outreach workers staff on Data collection in collaboration with the Project team, MOH and UNICEF
- Ensure the quality of reports of the nutrition program in close collaboration with the district MOH in assigned district
- Coach and provide capacity building for project staff on output level monitoring, data collection and data entry for pre-post tests
- Assist project teams to conduct review meetings to discuss performance against targets for all activities, explaining any performance variances, identifying and addressing implementation challenges, documenting lessons learned and most-significant success stories and, generating consensus on targets for the next month.
- Participate in meetings, trainings, seminars and workshops as required
- Represent WVZ at facility level
Educational Qualifications, experience, Skills, Abilities and competencies/attributes:
- Bachelor degree in statistics, physical, biological or social sciences.
- At least two years hands on experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably related to community based rural development work.
- Extensive experience in development studies / rural development, reports and other documents.
- Able to think logically and systematically and have good organisational skills
- Has had training in statistics and or experience in statistical analysis.
- Experience in using Microsoft Office (word, Access, Excel.
- Experience in using database and statistical software such as Epi lnfo, SPSS, etc.
- Excellent skill in report writing.
- Experience in project proposal writing. Should be able to take initiatives to focus on quality outcomes and services to beneficiaries and customers within the region
- Should always look for opportunities and initiatives to learn, improve, change and grow in the area of M&E for the benefit of programs in the region
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 30% Domestic/international travel is required.
- Position requires willingness and ability to continue to function during a crisis, including during a World Vision response to a man made or natural disaster.
- The position requires availability and willingness to work outside regular office hours occasionally
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: