Locations: Chikankata, Gwembe, Kazungula, Mazabuka, Monze, Pemba, Siavonga, Sinazongwe, Chasefu, Lumezi, Lundazi, Nkeyema, Luampa, Lusaka, Rufunsa
Purpose of Position:
The District Nutrition Officer will be responsible for ensuring that all components of Integrated Management of Acute Management are fully operational. This will be done through the provision of quality in-patient and Out- patient care of severe acute malnutrition case management to targeted beneficiaries within the district using the national guidelines. In addition, the Nutrition officer will strengthen the ongoing Integrated management of Acute Malnutrition within selected facilities in the district.
- Develop joint plan with facility staff to initiate the emergency nutrition activities
- Jointly develop and implement capacity building plan for health workers and relevant staff on IMAM and IYCF-E, in collaboration with the IYCF-E expert
Technical support, capacity building and logistic support:
- Facilitate training for partner staff, project and MOH & outreach workers staff on C-MAMI and IYCF-E in collaboration with the IYCF-E expert, MOH and UNICEF
- Ensure the quality implementation of the nutrition program in close collaboration with the district MOH in assigned district
- Provide stock monitoring for RUTF and coordinate supply chain
- Initiate procurement of required equipment and supplies
- Participate in meetings, trainings, seminars and workshops as required
- Represent WVZ at facility level
- Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Diploma in Nutrition or nursing.
- At least 2-5 years of relevant working experience in emergency nutrition
- Excellent skills in program planning, coordinating, representing, partnership management and very good in report writing, appropriate computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Survey skill
- Nutrition in emergency experience in Infant Young Child Feeding (IYCF).
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with provincial and district MOH personnel as well as other key partners.
- A demonstrated track record in providing mentor-ship and supervision to strengthen healthcare services; training and use of quality improvement approaches.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proven capacity to plan, analyse and ensure routine monitoring of work plans.
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage.
- Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilisation, and facilitating as well as donor engagement skills.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel within the district of assignments.
- Regular filed visit to health facilities
- Ability to demonstrate community development skills
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: