Locations: Chikankata, Gwembe, Kazungula, Mazabuka, Monze, Pemba, Siavonga, Sinazongwe, Chasefu, Lumezi, Lundazi, Nkeyema, Luampa, Rufunsa
Purpose of Position:
The Nutrition coordinator (district) will be responsible for coordinating emergency Nutrition Program at district level as a part of SAHR Zambia Response. The coordinator oversees, and is responsible for, providing technical and strategic guidance to the planned nutrition program (IMAM and IYCF-E) activities in health facility, in addition he/she will provide support to district level health department and facility based health workers for planning and implementation of IMAM IYCF-E and outreach activities according to guideline , maintaining working relationships with local MOH & community authorities plus stakeholders. S/he will actively engage in nutrition meeting and other relevant technical working groups. S/he will implement and support the project according work plan and prepare reports. The position will work in close collaboration with the Senior Nutrition and WASH, health/nutrition/WASH specialists’ Additional inter-sectorial collaboration with health, WASH, FSL and other sectors will be necessary.
- Develop joint plan with district health office, health workers and local authorities to initiate the emergency nutrition activities
- Support the -Nutrition specialist to develop field implementation plans in collaboration with technical coordinators
- Jointly develop and implement capacity building plan for health workers and relevant staff on IMAM and IYCF-E, in collaboration with the IYCF-E expert
- Coordinate with authorities and other nutrition agencies for implementation of nutrition program activities
- Coordinate with Manager-Health, Nutrition and WASH and Senior Advisor-Health & Nutrition Sr. Advisor-H&N and manager on field implementation plans: annual/quarterly/monthly action plans including financial budget.
- Coordinate with other stakeholders through Nutrition Sector and IYCF-E Working group
- Technical support, capacity building and logistic support
- Work with the Nutrition specialist on development of technical guidelines and protocols for IMAM and IYCF-E
- facilitate training for partner staff, project and MOH & outreach workers staff on C-MAMI and IYCF-E in collaboration with the IYCF-E expert, MOH and UNICEF
- Ensure the quality implementation of the nutrition program in close collaboration with the district MOH in assigned district
- Provide stock monitoring for RUTF and coordinate supply chain
- Initiate procurement of required equipment and supplies
- Review budget periodically to ensure timely and adequate fund allocation and utilisation in place for respective district
- Participate in meetings, trainings, seminars and workshops as required
- Represent WVZ at district level
- Perform other duties as designated by the Project Manager or his/her delegate.
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personal sense calling, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Nutrition or Public Health.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of relevant working experience in emergency nutrition
- Nutrition in emergency experience in Infant & Young Child Feeding.
- Knowledge/Competencies/Technical skills:
- Demonstrated ability to work within a multi-faceted health development program in collaboration with provincial and district MOH personnel as well as other key partners.
- A demonstrated track record in providing mentor-ship and supervision to strengthen healthcare services; training and use of quality improvement approaches.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to perform.
- Proven capacity to plan, analyse and ensure routine monitoring of work plans.
- Strong change management, results-oriented and decision-making skills.
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context.
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage.
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and report writing essential.
- Must have excellent project management, community engagement, mobilisation, and facilitating as well as donor engagement skills.
- Communications, interpersonal, analytical, conflict management, negotiation, and networking skills are highly desired.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to demonstrate community development skills
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: