The Project Manager (PM) will provide general technical oversight and overall supervision of all WVZ interventions around ARK 2030 Africa project and ensure that ensure that the project technical strategies/guidelines are internationalised and implementation of interventions throughout the project areas. The PM will equally provide leadership in implementation of the project which is aimed at restoration of 70,000 hectares of land to enhance carbon sinks using locally using appropriate ever-greening systems and improved livelihoods of 100,000 vulnerable small-scale farm households in five provinces of Zambia. The Project Manager will work in Liaison with 14 World Vision Area programmes implementing the SEED technical program, various government departments, and team leader to support and supervise project implementation, coordination and reporting.
The Project Manager will also communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Technical Oversight
- Support the development, selection and/or adoption of guidelines, tools, models and protocols to aid Natural Resources Management (NRM) within programme implementation
- Provide overall oversight on Implementation of Ever greening practices by small holder farmers, pastoralists and their communities
- Facilitate and ensure improved knowledge, attitudes and practices to climate change and ecosystem based risk reduction processes
- Support and Communicate mitigation and adaptation benefits of ever-greening practices for climate risk reduction across multiple platforms and stakeholder groups
- Ensure recommended NRM program models are contextualised and adapted for effective implementation in the Area Programmes /project locations.
- Ensure that the information, education and communication (IEC) materials are in place for effective implementation.
Management and Reporting:
- Prepare and support implementation of the annual, quarterly and monthly plans
- Conduct quarterly review with all implementing districts
- Regularly attend National CSA meetings and functions
- Facilitate NRM related Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, WVZ technical program staff, other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Support staff orientation and participate in building capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Integrate S4T into activity implementation and insure gender inclusiveness and participation of youths in economic strengthening.
- Operationalization of the approved WV natural resource management and FMNR work.
- Planning and Budgeting:
- Lead the development of Annual, Quarterly and monthly plans for implementing districts and ensure they are incorporated into the overall plans
- Participate in budgeting for all AP programme activities and monitor all financial expenditures on the Restore Africa project.
- Coordinate preparation of annual and quarterly training plans with all APs.
Coordination and Capacity Building:
- Lead in conducting all multi-spectral trainings for all AP staff and partners/stakeholders.
- Build the capacity of staff and stakeholders to include gender, youth and disability in all trainings.
- Participate in national, provincial, district and AP specific project level technical working group meetings
- Ensure all the AP staff, partners and stakeholders are trained in all the key ever-greening practices and models in liaison with Design, Monitoring and evaluation Advisor
- Support relationship building initiatives \ Integrated planning at various levels with AP staff, partners, government and other stakeholders for improved coordination of the project at various levels.
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Conduct monitoring and supervisory visits to all 14 APs on regular and equitable basis
- In liaison with the M&E Advisor conduct quarterly Data Quality Assurance (DQA) for all the APs and document best practices and lessons learnt from project interventions.
- Support the process of documenting best practices and lessons learnt in liaison with the M&E team and Team Leader
- Actively participate in assessments and evaluative studies carried out by the project
- Ensure functional and updated ledger books at district level
- Show spiritual maturity, integrity and energetic personality, through attendance of daily devotions and other spiritual nurture programmes.
- Supervision of quality implementation and prudent financial management in the APs and undertake performance management.
- Carry out other activities as maybe assigned by the supervisor.
Child and Adult Safeguarding:
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme. Therefore, the job holder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Development studies, Agriculture Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Forestry with minimum of 5 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies, Agriculture Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Forestry or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 2 years’ experience
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Must have Strong technical skills with practical experience in climate smart agriculture, enterprise risk management – shocks, vulnerability and capacity assessments
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage,
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Capacity to lead and function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based 40% : field 60%
Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: