The Team Leader is responsible for the strategic vision and overall leadership in the management of the Ever-greening Project in Zambia as part of a 6 country project called Restoring Land and Livelihoods across East & Southern Africa’s Savannah (or ARK 2030). The Team Leader will ensure that program implementation, reports, budgets and staff are effectively managed to ensure the accomplishment of the project goal and its objectives by all the consortium partners. S/he is responsible for empowering WV project staff to achieve World Vision corporate strategic goals and will lead change initiatives which ensure that World Vision maximises its mission and vision and the project attains its goals. The Team Leader will also manage coordination mechanisms with relevant stakeholders; serve as the key liaison with government officials, the private sector, local and international NGOs, implementing partners, and community members. The position will be responsible for the oversight of at least 4 other implementing partners. The Team Leader will ensure that ever-greening program strategies for 31 districts are developed and implemented and that they are aligned with the World Vision National/International, government and donor guidelines and regulations.
The Team Leader should also Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
1. Project Management, Quality Assurance, and Reporting
- Support the M&E team, program staff and sub partners to ensure the establishment and maintenance of effective project implementation, reporting, evaluation, and communication systems.
- Ensure submission of timely accurate and professional program reports that meet donor and World Vision requirements
- Show case project effective and impact through such meetings as key staff meetings (and general staff meetings), program reviews and consortium partners meetings.
- Collaborate on development of other required reports, including Surveys, data quality assessment, and other World Vision, ARK 2030 and GRZ reports
- Review/evaluate program effectiveness on a regular basis and determine corrective action needed to improve goal achievement
- Lead ARK 2030 technical programme integrated research and learning initiatives for generation of lessons learnt and knowledge for enhanced program effectiveness.
- Manage quality implementation and monitoring of all ARK 2030 technical programmes within scope, time and budget.
- Produce a consolidated annual/semi-annual National Report for the ARK 2030 Technical Program for sharing with support officers, donors and other stakeholders
- Support the documentation and dissemination of promising practices from ARK 2030 operation areas for future programming.
- Support the development of data repository for the ARK 2030 technical programme for better knowledge management and utilisation
2. Staff and Partner Performance Management:
- Responsible for the overall recruitment of all project staff
- Ensure proper technical capacity of staff to manage all project activities effectively
- Provide supervision, training and performance appraisals.
- Ensure that staff performance appraisal are conducted as required and results shared with the People and Culture department
- Motivate staff by creating a fair and open work environment in which they can realised their potential for growth, expanded managerial and technical capacities, and satisfaction with their work.
- Establish leadership and personal credibility and implement and maintain clearly understood chain of authority and accountability.
- Build capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency.
- Manage performance of ARK 2030 technical programme staff for increased accountability.
- Support team and organisational learning to promote a culture of mutual respect amongst staff.
3. Budget and Resource Management (with the Finance & Admin Manager):
- Work closely with the finance team to ensure effective management of grant/project budget within approved spending levels and ensure accurate and timely financial reports to donors and WVAus headquarters staff
- Ensure grant/project expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure clean Annual Financial Reviews and other organisational audits.
- Oversee property and equipment acquisition, disposition, and management in compliance with WV internal and donor requirements
4. Networking, Collaboration and Liaison:
- Lead in all ARK 2030 strategic networking with donors, government ministries, and other stakeholders at various levels in order to profile ARK 2030-Zambia work.
- Collaborate with the Advocacy team to influence policy enactment and implementation related to ever-greening approaches.
- Represent ARK 2030 in various key meetings at national level including Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment to National priorities.
- Hold quarterly TWG meetings with the sub partners and review performance and support the planning processes
5. Safeguarding, Damage Control and Risk Management (with all staff):
- Ensure that all staff and partners are trained in safe guarding and child and adult protection issues
- Support staff to ensure that all safe guarding issues are managed as per procedure
- Spot exterior threats and develop strategies with staff to manage them and minimise their impact on project success.
- Ensure that WVZ and partners implementation plans mainstream risk identification and management.
6. Perform other duties as required:
- Carry out additional responsibilities and projects as assigned, including administrative and planning functions.
- Must participate/lead in devotions and attend WV chapel services to maintain WV Christian ethos and culture
Child and Adult Safeguarding:
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme.
- Therefore, the job holder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Agriculture Sciences, Agribusiness, Enterprise development, Development Studies, Natural Resources with minimum of 7 years’ experience in the relevant field
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Sciences, Agribusiness, Enterprise development, Rural Development, Natural Resources, Development Studies or its equivalent is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Project Management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context, with subcontracted partners.
- Experience in managing a budget over $10M
- Must have experience in value chain design and development processes, community financing mechanisms, and climate smart agriculture with an enterprise development lens.
- Knowledge and understanding of Ever-greening and natural resource management would be an added advantage
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational diversities and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based 60%: field 40%
- Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: