Purpose of the Position
The Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist works to provide technical leadership and management in design, planning and implementation of gender and social inclusive programming and advocacy. The role shall coordinate, network and collaborate with relevant stakeholders on gender and social inclusion, and documentation of promising practices around GESI at the local and national level. The Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) Specialist will ensure that programmatic approaches for activities under the Transforming Household Resilience in Vulnerable Environments (THRIVE) project adequately, effectively, and responsibly reflect the interests of women and other vulnerable populations as an integral part of each activity design, in a culturally sensitive and results-oriented manner. The GESI Specialist will also dedicate at least 20 percent level of effort on the Imango Dei Fund (IDF) GESI Transform project, and provide GESI-responsive DM&E (design, monitoring and evaluation) support and coordination for results.
Planning and Programme Management:
- Provide overall Technical Support in GESI integration in programming and advocacy.
- Provide technical expertise to grant staff and stakeholders, including needs assessments, program design, start-up, phase-in, phase-out, communications, reporting, monitoring and evaluation activities and ad-hoc needs.
- Develop social and gender inclusion strategies to ensure gender mainstreaming in our programming and projects.
- Ensure implementation of participatory gender and social inclusion methodologies in all WV programming and aligning to relevant gender policies, SDGs to ensure gender mainstreaming.
- Provide capacity building support for GESI integration in programming, advocacy and organisational processes.
Networking and Collaboration:
- Lead and coordinate networking and Partnering events and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders.
- Establish and participating in critical technical working groups on gender and inclusion
- In liaison with Programme staff/Citizen Voice Action (CVA), support community consultations, group meetings, and/or round-table discussions to ensure programming remains gender sensitive and exclusivity are on-track working together with all relevant partners/stakeholders.
- Design Monitoring and Evaluation (DM&E):
- Conduct gender analysis in programming/projects to ascertain the gaps and recommend possible direction for inclusion.
- Support the Design, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting of GESI integration in Programming
- Review GESI DM&E tools and support the roll-out and implementation of the GESI DM&E toolkit.
- Analyse GESI-related trends and develop strategies to address them in collaboration with key stakeholders and national technical specialists.
- Policy influencing
- Encourage and facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned, directed toward multiple audiences, to influence policy formation.
- Develop capacity and foster professionalism in influencing policy relevant to WV programming
- Identifying policy gaps and inconsistencies in the existing polices and providing recommendation and alignment.
Fundraising and programme development:
- Review and/or support the development of gender and socially sensitive and responsive project proposals by carrying out required community and stakeholder engagement.
- Participate and support grant acquisition in fundraising for gender equality and inclusion in WV programme.
- Participate in proposal, brief or concept paper development for propositioning for resource acquisition.
Perform other duties as required
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must participate/lead in devotions and attend WV chapel services to maintain WV Christian ethos and culture
Child and adult beneficiary safeguarding:
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme. Therefore, the job holder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in gender studies, social science, economic or international development.
- Post graduate qualification in gender and/or social inclusion is added advantage.
- At least 5 years of experience in gender and social inclusion programming.
- Knowledge and experience of implementing participatory gender and social inclusion methodologies.
- Experience in developing policies, position papers, strategies and Project management experience.
- Previous experience in gender and social inclusion programming in government and/or NGO
- Proven record of research and sharing of findings on gender equality and inclusion
- Ability to provide leadership and take responsibility for incorporating gender and social inclusion perspectives into programming.
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice added advantage.
- Strong evidence of influencing decision makers, Policies, and brokering cross-disciplinary collaboration.
- Experience with a diverse set of stakeholders at all levels of an organisation.
- Demonstrated expertise in designing, implementing, and monitoring inclusive, gender-equitable development projects
- Demonstrated team player, problem solving skills, collaboration experience, creativity and willingness to innovate
- Excellent facilitation skills and experience in developing training modules.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have excellent report writing, communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, and conflict management skills.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment with respect for diversity.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Must be an analytical and broad thinker.
- Must be a committed Christian and inspire other, able to stand above denominational
Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 60% of the time and office 40%.
- Potential for regional travel
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: