The Natural Resources Management Advisor (NRM) will be the Technical lead and provide overall direction and oversight to WVZ and its sub partners on all evergreening technical interventions for the ARK 2030 project. The project is aimed at restoration of 186,200 hectares of land to enhance carbon sinks using locally appropriate evergreening systems and improved livelihoods of 266,000 vulnerable small-scale farm households in five provinces of Zambia by 5 different organisations. The NRM Advisor will work in Liaison with WVZ, COMACO, CARE, SHA, ICRAF, various government departments, and team leader to operationalize the project technical strategies/guidelines, lead partner NRM coordination and technical supervision. The NRM Advisor will ensure that the project technical strategies/guidelines are operationalized throughout the 31 target districts.
The NRM Advisor will also communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Technical Design and Programme Support:
- Support the development, selection and/or adoption of guidelines, tools, models and protocols to aid Natural Resources Management (NRM) within the 31 districts of programme implementation
- Provide technical support to all 5 organisations under the ARK 2030 project and stakeholders on the Natural Resources Management to ensure that there is uniformity in the models and approaches being implemented.
- Support in the design and implementation review of NRM within the targeted program interventions districts and are within national NRM standards.
- Assess and support quality activity implementation to ensure that the programme is within scope, time and budget.
- Ensure that appropriate information, education and communication (IEC) materials are designed and in place for effective implementation.
- Ensure recommended NRM program models are contextualised and adapted for effective implementation in targeted Area Programmes.
- Liaise with regional and other ARK 2030 technical teams for technical adherence, design, learning and innovation.
People Management and Capacity building:
- Participate in the recruitment of highly qualified project staff.
- Facilitate NRM related Training of Trainers (TOT) of partners, technical program staff, other stakeholders to ensure effective implementation
- Support staff orientation and participate in building capacity of technical staff through coaching and mentoring for increased/enhanced competency
- Provide input in performance appraisal of technical programme staff for increased accountability
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison:
- Represent ARK 2030 Zambia programme in relevant key meetings at various levels including ANRM Technical Working Group (TWG) for alignment to National priorities.
- Build and maintain technical relationship with internal and external partners/stakeholders for enhanced collaboration and sustainability.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance:
- Support research/Studies on NRM related topics and produce technical briefs for sharing with key stakeholders.
- Participate and review data collection tools in conducting research/studies to generate lessons learnt for programme improvement.
- Utilise and adapt learning from monitoring and evaluation processes to inform programming.
- Consolidate and review monthly, quarterly and annual reports for timely submission.
- Ensure all emerging industry technical standards are captured, documented and shared across all targeted districts
Child and Adult Safeguarding:
- The role holder will have direct contact with children/or young people and adult beneficiaries either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively, because they will be working in the Area Programme. Therefore, the job holder is expected to maintain high levels of Safeguarding to the beneficiaries.
Qualifications/Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Master’s Degree in Agriculture Sciences, Natural Resources Management, Forestry or its equivalent is an added advantage with minimum 5 years’ experience
- Experience in Program and budget management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Must have Strong technical skills with practical experience in climate smart agriculture, enterprise risk management – shocks, vulnerability and capacity assessments
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage
- Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Capacity to function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment and multiple partners.
- Capacity to lead and function well in a team and contribute effectively to team efforts.
- Computer literate in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Mature and Committed Christian, able to inspire others to World Vision Core Values, Vision and Mission Statement.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
Work environment: Office-based 40% : field 60%
Travel: international as required.
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are highly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: