Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position
The Youth Economic Empowerment Programme Manager will develop strategies, guidelines and tools on Youth Economic Empowerment and support teams effectively to ensure that partners work in adherence with Plan Global standards as indicated in the procedures and guidelines. The incumbent will ensure that Plan maintains a high level engagement with relevant networks and institutions working on Youth Economic Empowerment and advice on potential strategic partnerships in this technical area. The Youth Economic Empowerment Programme Manager will represent Plan in various relevant forums and networks and build relationships with government and non-government institutions at district, provincial, National and Regional level for effective sharing of learnings and technical and financial resources for Youth Economic Empowerment.
Key areas of responsibility include:
1. Programme Management
- Develops minimum standards, technical frameworks and strategies on Youth Economic Empowerment that can guide Plan International Zambia’s YEE programming.
- Designs high quality concept notes and proposals for resource mobilisation for Youth Economic Empowerment issues and ensures that Youth Economic Empowerment interventions are informed by and integrated with other strategic technical areas of gender, education, Health, WASH and child protection.
- Manages and oversee national influencing efforts in the area of Youth Economic Empowerment in collaboration with other Technical Leads and support with technical documentation of evidences from the projects, develop position papers and write stories of change when required.
- Ensures that all projects on Youth Economic Empowerment have clear gender and influencing outcomes that aligned to the Country and Global Strategy
2. Stakeholder Coordination
- Ensure that Plan International’s work is coordinated with efforts of other agencies, relevant private sector institutions and government and represents Plan at national, regional and international level on matters relating to Youth Economic Empowerment programming and networks within and outside of Plan
- Provide technical guidance and direction including training, coaching and mentoring to relevant Plan International Zambia’s staff and partners on Youth Economic Empowerment and its intersectionality with other social norms including gender equality so as to ensure quality programming
3. Programme Learning and Communication
- Facilitate organisational learning in the country by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant internal and external program information on Youth Economic Empowerment.
- Ensure that effective use is made of learning from programme monitoring and evaluation on YEE to strengthen programme delivery and inform wider practice in relation to Plan International Zambia’s work.
- Coordinate the development of Youth Economic Empowerment content for learning and knowledge sharing and to influence program development and design.
- A Postgraduate qualification in Development Studies, Economics, Entrepreneurship or other relevant qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in YEE programming including management responsibility in implementing or coordinating the work at national level
- Additional qualifications and experience in YEE programming is a must.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering results when leading consortia/working with partners
- Consortium working through diverse partners is a key requirement
- Demonstrated experience of leading quality, rights based and gender equality projects targeting adolescents and young people particularly girls
- Knowledge of development trends within the youth economic empowerment sector including policies and guidelines
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem solving skills
- Good communication, facilitation and report writing skills
- Strong team-building and motivational skills
- Strong negotiating, strategic thinking and influencing skills
Method of application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
Women are especially encouraged to apply.