Zanaco Plc is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals for the following job aimed at contributing to the Bank’s strategic vision, in the Risk & Compliance Division under the Market Risk Department at Head Office:-
To support the objectives of the department by facilitating a sufficiently robust control framework around the Treasury business and ensuring that Treasury P&L is complete, accurate and reconciled through a traceable and transparent process.
Under the supervision of the Head Market Risk, the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities: –
- To be familiar with procedures for the whole product cycle from deal initiation to settlement.
- Ensure daily P & L is accurately reported to key stakeholders & reconciled between the Front Office system (Calypso) and the General Leger.
- Ensure relevant P&L and balance sheet positions are correctly reported at month-ends and that the applicable reconciliations have been completed and all issues identified/resolved.
- Provide daily commentary on P&L results and day’s activities
- Investigate differences between Front Office system and the General Ledger and resolve any unexplained P&L in a timely manner
- Provide advice to the business on the P&L impact of trades and the interaction of the Front and Back Office systems
- Ensure prices used for revaluation of Treasury positions are derived from independent sources
- Ensure all treasury positions are revalued (i.e. marked to market) correctly on a daily basis
- Adhere to and improve the control environment around the trading of foreign exchange and money market products
- Help ensure applicable accounting standards are adhered to regarding P&L and balance Sheet reporting
- Assist in testing and implementation of new products, system changes and process improvements
- Attend to ad hoc assignments and queries from the traders and other stakeholders.
- Internal: All Divisions
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in Accounting, Finance or any relevant professional qualification such as ACCA/CIMA.
- Four (4) years of related work experience in a banking environment.
- Good working knowledge of Treasury products, appreciation and understanding of financial markets and exposure to Risk Management.
- Good understanding of double entry accounting associated with Treasury products
- ACI Dealing certificate would be an added advantage.
- Permanent and Pensionable
Job Core Competencies:
- Focus on results
- Quantitative and analytical skills
- Team work
- Highly developed computer skills (Excel, Power point, Access etc.)
- Communication and presentation skills.
Method of Application
All applications must have an application/cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae indicating the position being applied for in the subject line and should be sent by email to the email below:
Kindly note that you MUST attach copies of Grade 12 and Tertiary qualifications along with the application cover letter and curriculum vitae. Applications sent without these attachments WILL NOT be considered.
Only shortlisted applicants will be communicated to.
Zanaco provides equal opportunity in employment for all qualified persons and prohibits discrimination in employment (women are encouraged to apply).