First Quantum Minerals Ltd. is an established and growing mining and metals company currently operating four mines and developing projects worldwide. Our aim is to become a globally diversified mining and metals company.
With a strategic plan to produce more than 1 million tonnes per annum of copper within five years, the Company is poised to become the largest, widely-held pure-play copper producer and one of the top five copper producers in the world.
We currently produce copper cathode, copper in concentrate, nickel, gold and sulphuric acid.
First Quantum’s current operations are the Kansanshi copper-gold mine in Zambia, the Guelb Moghrein copper-gold mine in Mauritania, the Kevitsa nickel-copper-PGE mine in Finland and the Ravensthorpe nickel-cobalt mine in Australia.
When our current projects are in operation, we expect we will be able to triple our annual copper production capacity and be positioned within the world’s 10 largest copper producers.
Sentinel is the first mine to be developed at the Trident project in the North Western Province of Zambia. The project comprises five large-scale mining licences and significant geological potential exists for expansion of operations, including the Enterprise nickel mine announced in December 2012. First Quantum is investing US$1.725-billion at the Sentinel mine and construction remains on time and on budget. Plant commissioning will commence in mid-2014 and copper production is expected reach 280 - 300,000 tonnes per annum.
- The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include:
- Provide coaching and mentoring to Planners/Schedulers to enable them to understand the critical issues affecting the maintenance planning and scheduling requirements across the Mobile Maintenance Workshops and other equipment areas.
- Provide tactical and logistical support to the entire organisation, track and support the mine production plans to balance the maintenance activities with the availability goals.
- Guide the Maintenance and Repair organisation, track and support the Mine Production plans to balance the maintenance activities within the availability goals.
- Guide the Maintenance & Repair organisation with updated performance/execution information, KPIs and management recommendations.
- Produce Weekly, Monthly and yearly plans as required by the Planning Superintendent. Provide input into the budgeting process for Capital and Operating budgets manage long term forecasts and ensure they are updated and re-issued monthly.
- Supports the continuous improvement processes and initiatives and lead the defect elimination processes across the department.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development across the department.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to subordinates, including ongoing training and development, performance management, conflict management and crisis management.
- Ensuring the right people are in the right job as well as putting in place a succession plan for all positions.
- Provide tactical and logistical support to the entire organisation, track and support the mine production pans to balance the maintenance activities within the availability goal.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering or significant field experience in Planning & Reliability management.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a maintenance role.
- At least 3 years' experience in a senior supervisory role.
- Experience in mining or other heavy industry.
- Must have a valid driver's licence with more than 1 year's driving experience.
- Behavioural traits:
- Must be discreet and flexible.
- Must be responsible, focused and self-motivated.
- Ability to interact with people and work cohesively with them.
- Must be physically capable of using and moving equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work under minimal supervision.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: