Purpose of Position:
The Nutrition Project Manager is responsible for the overall leadership and management of WVZ’s nutrition programs in four provinces, including effective coordination with other actors, timely implementation of program activities and effective response to emerging nutrition needs. Responsibilities include overall implementation of the project’s components including needs identification, new programme development, budget management, implementation planning, procurement planning, staff management, programme reporting, liaison and support of the province/district on nutrition intervention, and capacity building and training of national staff.
- Manage and coordinate development and implementation of program implementation instruments.
- Provide leadership coordination of the Field staff and ensure that the project submits Bi Monthly, semi-annual and annual reports.
Networking, Collaboration and Liaison:
- Closely collaborate and network with the MOH, NFNC and other project stakeholders, in order to endure smooth implementation and sustainability of the program, continued partnership and sharing best practice in various fields.
Programme Effectiveness and Quality Assurance:
- Lead in programme integrated research and learning initiatives for generation of lessons learnt and knowledge for enhanced program effectiveness.
- Ensure all financial standards as per WVZ Field Financial Manual are adhered to and high levels of stewardship of resources in the project are exhibited
- Manage performance, motivate and team build programme staff for increased performance.
- Support team and organisational learning to promote a culture of mutual respect amongst staff
- Support team and organisational learning to promote a culture of mutual respect amongst staff.
Qualifications/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Nutrition, Public Health or Social science.
- Clinical Officers and nurses with public health experience.
- Nutrition in emergency experience in Infant & Young Child Feeding.
- Experience in Program Management in a complex, international organisation preferably NGO context
- Knowledge and understanding of World Vision operations would be an added advantage
- Experience working with Maternal New Child Health programmings.
Experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation and report writing essential:
- Must have excellent communications, interpersonal, analytical, decision making, conflict management, negotiation, networking, liaison and donor engagement skills
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment, and must be a mature Christian.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with 50% time travel to the field
“World Vision Zambia is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from all forms of abuse and sexual exploitation. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks”.
Females are strongly encouraged to apply
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: