Fenix International is a next-generation energy and technology company. Our mission is to improve the quality of life of our customers through inclusive energy and financial services. Our flagship product, Fenix Power, is an expandable, pay-go solar home system financed through affordable installments from just $0.14 per day. We use real-time transaction data to create a next-generation credit score to finance power upgrades and other life-changing loans, unlocking modern financial services for our customers. To date, Fenix has sold over 700,000 Solar Home Systems in Uganda, Zambia, Cote d’Ivoire, Benin, Nigeria and Mozambique, bringing clean, reliable power for lights, phones, radios, TV and much more to over 3.5 million people.
In early 2018, Fenix joined forces with ENGIE, one of the world’s largest energy companies and a leader in the move to renewable, decentralised and digital energy. This has allowed Fenix to make significant commercial investments to accelerate the path to our mission, via new markets and innovative products. Together, Fenix and ENGIE are making universal access to modern energy a reality.
Fenix Zambia is seeking a talented and motivated BS – Product to manage and launch products designed to transform the energy and financial services available to rural, off-grid customers in Zambia. Reporting to the Product Portfolio Manager, this position will play a key role on a fast-paced team committed to understanding our customers’ fundamental needs and focused on offering the products and services that help them achieve the vision of a Fenix Home.
The BSA – Product will be responsible for managing new product pilots and launches, supporting the design and implementation of sales strategies and customer repayment initiatives, and driving strategic, cross-functional initiatives that improve efficiency and streamline processes throughout the organisation. To be successful in this role, the BSA – Product will need to work well cross-functionally and collaborate with stakeholders across many different teams, both within Zambia and globally.
Responsibilities, Deliverables and Activities:
- Own the product commercialisation and launch process, which will require coordinating stakeholders across many teams at Fenix Zambia and globally
- Launch new product pilots and support with the drafting of evaluation metrics, targets, and objectives
- Provide data-driven recommendations on strategic product decisions by analysing product performance data and gathering feedback from customers and the team
- Lead the execution and review of upgrade product sales strategies
- Work with the Product Portfolio Manager and other relevant stakeholders to design and implement product-related customer repayment initiatives
- Ensure that product information is properly and effectively communicated internally and externally, including managing the internal Wiki, conducting follow-up surveys with field teams, and reviewing product training documentation
- Be a technical product expert and be able to provide troubleshooting support
- Support the Product Portfolio Manager in managing relationships with external partners and suppliers, including owning the ordering process for third-party products and accessories
- Suggest, design, and implement new process improvements and initiatives that streamline how our products are sold, encourage better customer repayment, and reduce the cost of sale and service of our products
- Establish and manage a debrief process for teams conducting customer interviews and synthesise that feedback into actionable process improvements
- Conduct customer visits and focus groups to better understand customers’ needs
- Create, coordinate, and analyse surveys that allow us to gain better customer insights
- Conduct desk research on products and services that can better address our customers’ needs and priorities
Required Skills & Experience
- Passion for Fenix’s mission and a deep desire to make an impact on off-grid and financially undeserved customers in sub-Saharan Africa
- Degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or a related field
- 2-3 years of experience in product management, business strategy, or a related field
- Experience leading cross-functional teams and demonstrated ability to proactively drive forward multiple complex projects in parallel
- Skilled in project management, with an ability to work independently to plan, design and execute initiatives end-to-end, as well as collaborate and execute against strategy
- Exceptional analytical skills and ability to synthesise and interpret qualitative and quantitative data into practical strategy recommendations
- Experience as a collaborative, hands on team player and eagerness to learn new tools and / or roll-up sleeves to get the job done
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail, with a willingness to tackle new challenges and be solution-oriented
- Advanced skill with Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills (English)
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Expertise in SQL, Tableau, or other data analytics tools
- Experience working in the energy access, renewable energy, and/or financial services
- Experience working with last-mile customers
- Proficiency in other languages highly desired. Languages of particular interest include Nyanja, Bemba, Tonga, Lozi, and Kaonde
Please submit your resume and cover letter through the website link below.
In your cover letter, please be sure to highlight the following:
Why you are interested in Fenix International, and
What excites you about this particular role.