Society for Family Health (SFH) seeks an experienced individual for the position of Program Technical Officer –DOD to be based in Ndola for a duration of Two (2) Months. The Program Technical Officer is a skilled medical professional responsible for the overall coordination and implementation of the Department of Defense VMMC project at Regional level. S/he is responsible for organizing Society for Family Health’s (SFH’s) approach to the GRZ facilities participating in the program: working with GRZ facility leadership to ensure the program is implemented according to set objectives; implementing Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) systems at facilities; and building capacity of MC providers to provide mentorship, conduct comprehensive VMMC services, including QA/QI system implementation. S/he works closely with the Communication and M&E staff to ensure VMMC client flow and completeness of documentation and data quality. The TO is responsible for ensuring project targets are achieved in their respective Region/Platforms.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Coordinate all SFH clinical activities for supported GRZ facilities:
- Conduct baseline phase and facility assessments.
- Conducting regular supportive visits provide on–site support and ensuring corrective feedback in selected areas.
- Support the implementation of QA/QI systems, monitor quality in VMMC services and operations.
- Facilitate clinical symposiums and utilize QA/QI data and reports to offer additional support and input into programming.
- Identify training need gaps and develop an annual training plan for the Region in liaison with the Head Office.
- Coordinating and facilitating trainings, as needed.
- Coordinate supply chain and logistics management for participating GRZ facilities.
- Work with Communication team to ensure proper support and supervision of Health Promoters and Super Health Promoters
- Work with the M&E team to verify completeness of data, compliance to standard operation procedures, compile findings and disseminate to teams for quality improvement actions
- Compiling district monthly performance reports, stipulating clear findings of the quality assessments and other activities and provide recommendations for quality improvement.
- Documenting best practices and success stories of SFH work and share with SFH HQ
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Experienced VMMC Provider
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Public health, Nursing, Clinical Medicine or Social Sciences
- Management qualification is an added advantage
- 5 years work experience in clinical services and HIV programs
- Experience in training, mentoring and quality assurance systems
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of programs
- Experience working with INGOs and other partners
- Prior experience with SFH preferred
- Ability to travel out-of-station extensively
- Other skills and attributes:
- Good Interpersonal and leadership skills
- Computer literate, especially with the Microsoft Office package
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Team worker, supportive and approachable
Method of Application
PLEASE EMAIL APPLICATION AND CV TO: Clearly indicate “Program Technical Officer – DOD”. SFH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, colour, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression.