About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organisation dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, nutrition, economic development, gender, youth, education, environment, civil society, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of Technical Advisor for Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Health.
FHI 360 seeks Technical Advisor for Reproductive, Maternal, and Newborn Health (RMNH).
to join province-based teams delivern high-quality technical assistance to the Government of Zambia to improve the quality, responsiveness and efficiency of reproductive, maternal, newborn, child and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) services. USAID Zambia supports the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ) and the Ministry of Health to improve the health of mothers and children through strengthened capacity to engage the communities for health, to deliver quality services, and to strengthen systems at national and subnational levels. The successful candidates will provide technical assistance to the government-led RMNCAH&N Continuum of Care Program at provincial, district, and health facility levels. The Technical Advisor for RMNH will be based in Mansa, Luapula with travel to other priority provinces – Muchinga, Southern and Eastern – and Lusaka.
- The Technical Advisor for RMNH will work closely with the program team, under the leadership of the Deputy Chief of Party Technical to execute the following responsibilities:
- Lead the technical direction of the project related to evidence-based RMNH programming for facility and community-level interventions, based on local and global best practices.
- Provide strategic leadership on RMNH policy and programming in ways that are sensitive and beneficial and in harmony with other RMNH projects and coordinating mechanisms
- Contribute to program/project design, implementation, learning, and monitoring and evaluation through active collaboration with project teams and the GRZ
- Oversee the selection of appropriate RMNH technical assistance to meet national, provincial, and district needs.
- Provide guidance and technical support in alignment with GRZ RMNH policies and strategies, including USAID policy priorities.
- Lead the development and refinement of RMNH trainings, tools, guidelines, and standards to support GRZ interventions.
- Contribute to the learning agenda by identifying information gaps in RMNH that could include secondary data analysis, literature reviewing, and field testing of new approaches.
- Build the RMNH technical capacity of provincial and district staff through technical updates, training, exchange visits, literature sharing, and mentorship.
- Actively engage in networks and forums to support GRZ RMNH priorities and promote involvement of multiple government sectors, donors, and the private sector in nutrition-related initiatives.
- Maintain diplomatic and high-quality interactions and clear and consistent communications internally and with partners in the field.
- Master’s Degree in public health or health management. Clinical background with public health training is strongly preferred.
- At least five (5) years of work experience in the Zambia health system, preferably at provincial or district level;
- Excellent knowledge of Zambia planning and performance management system, district supervision and QA/QI policy.
- Excellent knowledge of Zambia community-level structures (NHC, SMAG)
- Systems analysis skills applied to RMNCAH-N services preferred.
- Experience with QA/QI models preferred
- Experience leading a small team of 5-to-7 health professionals
- Technical and financial experience with a USG-funded project as well a health-related project is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with host country government personnel, stakeholders and NGO partners.
This job description summarises the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: