Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Office Assistant will report to the Human Resource Manager but directly supervised by the Program Manager. He/She will provide support to the organisation as it implements the strategic goals and objectives of Heifer International. He/She will provide administrative support and will be responsible for office and surrounding cleaning, collection and mail delivery, and forward information by receiving and distributing communications
Essential Character Traits:
- Proactive, articulate, a team player, open-minded and innovative.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
A. Office Maintenance (50%)
- Clean the surrounding to ensure they are neat and re-presentable.
- Keep the office secure and as a custodian to office keys ensure timely opening of the office and securely lock the office at the close of business.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained and cleaned.
- Perform day-to-day duties as appropriate.
B. Administrative Support (50%)
- Collect mail and distribute accurate messages according to recipients’ take and distribute.
- Forward information by receiving and distributing communication.
- Maintain supplies by checking stock to determine inventory levels.
- Anticipate requirements by reviewing stocks and placing and expediting orders.
- Verify receipt and stocking items.
- Screen phone calls and transfer to the appropriate staff member. Greet visitors and direct them to the correct staff member.
- Coordinate messenger and courier service.
- Maintain office inventory; monitor and maintain office supplies.
- Perform office support functions such as messenger services and making photocopies
- Perform office day to day errands.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Diploma/Certificate in Business College training an advantage, previous office experience may be required with a minimum of three years of driving experience in international NGOs, Private or government institutions.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good driving skills
- Able to undertake minor vehicle service and maintenance
- Demonstrate written and oral fluency in English
- Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to fill in and analyse the logo book.
- Ability to prepare and present stock in compliance Heifer international procedure manuals.
- Maintaining the highest level of vehicle cleanliness.
- Willingness to contribute to Heifer International`s principle of transparency and honesty.
- May require constant driving extended period.
- Working with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Ability to prepare and maintain a schedule for vehicles.
- Willingness to work up at awkward hours and perform as required.
- Due to the high number of applications received, only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and Application on company website: