The Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Zambia country program was established in 2000, and administers a varied and diversified portfolio of nutrition, health systems strengthening, food security, economic growth and livelihoods, orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) research and HIV and AIDS programs. CRS carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas.
Catholic Relief Services Zambia is seeking to recruit a Strategic Information, Monitoring and Evaluation (SI/M&E) Advisor for the Epidemic Control 90-90-90 (EpiC 90-90-90) HIV prevention, care and treatment program implemented to scale up HIV Treatment and care in line with the 90:90:90 goal with a view to controlling the HIV epidemic in Zambia.
Reporting to the EpiC 3-90 Senior Strategic Information, Monitoring & Evaluation Advisor, the SI/M&E Advisor will work within the EpiC 3-90 Strategic Information team to ensure a functional strategic information system that responds to the project outcomes, through project indicator tracking, generation of program data, deployment and maintenance of the SmartCare electronic medical records system for reporting as well as oversee program, health facility and community post staff activities for quality data and information that is ideal for decision making.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- EpiC 3-90 M&E related activities
- Oversight and capacity building of Strategic Information Associate and EpiC 3-90 supported community posts on PEPFAR Monitoring & Evaluation Reporting (MER) indicators
- Ensure timely collection and reporting of activity and data reports from EpiC 3-90 supported community posts (weekly, monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annually) on all required PEPFAR MER, CDC and project indicators.
- Maintain de-duplicated community post weekly and monthly databases and work closely with provincial SI/M&E Advisors to harmonise weekly and monthly consolidated facility reports with dis-aggregated community post reports.
- Participate in new community post opening assessment process and ensure a functional data collection and management system is places before launching of a community post.
- Lead capability building and implementation of community level Data Quality Monitoring and Improvement systems (DQMIS) and development of consolidated monthly and quarterly DQMIS reports.
- Support keeping of up to date data SmartCare records and ensure that all community posts and respective mother facilities do not accumulate data entry backlog.
- Support timely rollout of SmartCare updates and ensure that all community posts and mother facility computers are running on up to date SmartCare versions.
- Work with Provincial Health Offices (PHOs) in mapping of community posts with respective MoH mother facilities and putting in place a harmonized MER/MoH reporting systems.
- Participate in the development of EpiC3-90 consolidated weekly, monthly reports, quarterly, semi-annual, annual reports
- Provide technical assistance to promote monitoring and evaluation strategies to facilitate data usage and ownership in a manner that enhances the program and promotes sustainability
- EpiC 3-90 Data Demand and Information Use (DDIU) related activities:
- Prepare required community post data summaries for weekly, monthly and quarterly situations rooms and other data review platforms.
- Provide technical assistance to community posts to design and review data analysis for all program areas and indicators to help identify challenges and opportunities to improve program performance.
- Participate in implementation of workplan activities, meetings for shared experiences, and additional trainings as required
- Gather feedback from site visits to each health facility to assess technical assistance needs, flow of data and provide appropriate capacity building trainings
- Work collaboratively with other EpiC 3-90 consortium members, increase local capacity for the identification of data needs and the collection, analysis and communication of appropriate information.
- To perform other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor
- First degree in public health, demography, epidemiology, sociology, biostatistics, statistics, or a related field, master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 6 years of experience implementing strategic information activities in Zambia.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills and experience working with pivot tables and Microsoft Access is preferred
- Good knowledge and understanding of the Zambian HIV AIDS response and its Health Management Information Systems
- Ability to navigate through SmartCare and the PEPFAR Zambia reporting system – DATIM
- Demonstrated experience providing support to health facilities
- Good writing and presentation skills for reporting on program country teams, stakeholders and the funders
- Strong team building skills and experience and ability to adapt to dynamic cultural environments
- Ability to work independently and with flexibility to manage high volume workflow and concurrent activities/deliverables
- Relevant computer software skills, including statistical analysis programs
- Good relationship management skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural teams
- Strategic, analytical, problem-solving and systems thinking capacity and skills
- Strong data collection and research skills and ability to interpret and analyze data
- Proactive, resourceful and results-oriented
- Agency-wide competencies (for all CRS Staff)
- These are rooted in the mission, values and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results:
- Serves with integrity
- Models stewardship
- Cultivates constructive relationships
- Promotes Learning
Key Working Relationships:
- Internal: Senior Strategic Information, Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor, EpiC 3-90 District Data Management Officers (DDMOs) & IT Associates, EpiC 3-90 CQI and clinical teams and partner health facilities
- External: Government of Zambia Ministry of Health and HIV/AIDS agencies, PEPFAR implementing partners, other international and stakeholders.
- Must be available for domestic travel up to 50% of the time
Disclaimer: This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Note: By applying to this job, I understand and acknowledge that CRS requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation, and human trafficking. Further, I understand that if I am a successful candidate, I will be subject to a comprehensive background check, and my personal/professional references will be asked to evaluate my behaviors related to the above safeguarding-related topics.
Method of Application
Applicant Instructions: Please email a cover letter, and curriculum vitae which should include three references: Please include the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.