The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a Government Agency established to discharge functions connected with or incidental to eight statutes namely: The Companies Act – CAP 388; The Registration of Business Names Act – CAP 389; The Patents Act – CAP 400; The Trade Marks Act – CAP 401; and The Registered Designs Act – CAP 402, The Layout-designs of Integrated Circuits Act number 6 of 2006, The Protection of Traditional Knowledge, Genetic Resources and Expressions of Folklore Act Number 16 of 2016 and The Movable Property (Security Interest) Act No. 3 of 2016 of the Laws of Zambia.
In line with its Mission to provide customer-focused, efficient and effective business registration services, and protect intellectual property rights, PACRA is committed to supporting business growth by improving the Agency’s operational efficiency and reducing the time and cost of accessing its services for business.
In order to achieve this, PACRA is advertising for the following positions: –
Salary Scale: (P3)
Reporting to the Business Development Manager, the Communications and Marketing Officer will undertake marketing and communication activities in order to enhance the Agency’s corporate image and brand visibility.
- Proactively promote understanding of the Agency’s services to stakeholders using the best communication channel to disseminate the information.
- Implement, in a timely manner, strategic initiatives in the Agency’s Strategic Plan that require communication strategies.
- Attend to press queries, organise media briefings and workshops.
- Coordinate radio and television production of programmes, contributing to development of scripts, ideas and presentations aimed at increasing awareness and knowledge of the Agency.
- Conduct surveys to assess the effectiveness of the Agency’s communication strategies.
- Develop content for the Annual Report and other publications.
- Draft speeches and presentations.
- Develop social media strategies and procedures.
- Maintain and update the Agency’s website in collaboration with the Information and Communications Technology Unit, ensuring that stake holders access updated information.
- Develop standards for customer service delivery for both the Customer Service Centres and Call Centre.
- Management of the Call Centre Staff and systems.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree in Mass Communication, Marketing, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience at middle management.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Marketing/ Zambia Public Relations Association.
Key Attributes and Skills:
- High-level communication skills.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Good organisational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Ability to influence stake holders.
- Client service orientation and relationship building capabilities.
- Assertive, pro-active and committed to high standards of service delivery.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to self-motivate and motivate a team.
Terms and Conditions of Service:
- Attractive Terms and Conditions of Service of the Patents and Companies Registration Agency shall apply for the position.
Method of Application
Suitably qualified and interested persons should email their application letters and detailed CVs with traceable references and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to the email indicating the position being applied for in the subject line. Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.