Rhodes Park School is a leading private educational institution in Zambia and has been serving Lusaka Parents since the 1960s. We offer kindergarten to high school (K-12) classes that follow local and international syllabi.
As an equal opportunity employer, Rhodes Park School requires the services of suitably qualified, innovative, results driven candidate with good communication, administrative and interpersonal skills to be appointed in the position below:
The Learning Support Teacher will be dedicated to ensuring that Rhodes Park School provides a personalised, supportive and inclusive learning environment for primary and secondary students with additional learning needs.
The Learning Support Teacher in collaboration with subject specialists will ensure that appropriate support is given to individual pupils to help them achieve their full academic potential.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
1. Lead and Manage the Learning Support & Interventions
- Lead Departmental Professional Development.
- Give Feedback to Teachers and Provide Support to Improve Performance.
- Manage Departmental Resources within budget.
- Maintain and enhance the profile of Learning Support throughout the school, particularly with academic departments.
2. Managing Assessments
- Conducting Baseline Assessments at School Entry.
- Managing The School Hub for CAIE staff.
- Train local invigilators and candidates.
- Coordinate examinations for CAIE.
3. Ensuring Inclusive Teaching and Learning
- Lead the assessment, identification, remediation programs for gifted and talented students.
- Develop and use effective assessment and moderation systems.
- Support Teachers to achieve the best possible learning outcomes for All.
- Lead the screening of students, in-house assessments and identification of students with undiagnosed SpLDs, mindful of compliance with/obligations under the SDG4
4. Career Guidance & Counselling
- Offer Career Support to Students & Curriculum Guidance to Students.
- Designing effective Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) interventions for Learners.
- Manage and monitor child welfare matters using Child Protection Policy.
- Liaise with School Head Teachers and Stakeholders On Child Protection Matters.
5. One-To-One Pupil Teaching and Learning Support
- Assist Pupils to Learn as Effectively as Possible in Both Group Situations and Individually, Inside and Outside the Classroom.
- Teach, On A One-To-One Basis, Children Who Have Been Identified as Having a Specific Learning Difficulty.
- Select Appropriate Learning Resources and Develop Study Skills of Pupils.
- Review, Monitor and Evaluate Own Practice, Ensuring That Teaching Is Academically Differentiated and Appropriate to The Pupil.
- Collaborate with Other Learning Support Teachers to Support and Advise Mainstream Subject Teachers to Define Appropriate Strategies for Individual Pupils.
- Prepare Internal and External Reports as Necessary.
Minimum Qualifications, Requirements and Skills:
- Degree in Special Education, Educational Psychology or Diploma qualified teachers with SENCO experience.
- Five (5) O Levels
- Valid practising certificate from Teaching Council of Zambia (TCZ) is essential.
- At least two (2) years’ post-qualification experience of full time work as a counsellor.
- Working SpLDs specialist qualifications in teaching and assessments is desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and implementing Individualised Education Plans (IEPs) and Interactive Factor Frameworks (IFFs) for learners with additional needs using scholastic and spark will be an added advantage
- High level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning Learners, Parents and Staff records.
- Exhibit high level of emotional intelligence and ready to be an exemplary role model to learners across the school.
Method of Application
Application Process: Applications together with Vacancy Details should be forwarded to the attention of the Human Resources Manager at e-mail:
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated with.