ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with the marginalised, excluded women and young people, their organisations, and social movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty. ActionAid Zambia has the following vacancy for experienced and suitably qualified Zambians to fill in the following Project-based position:
The position holder will support Monitoring and Evaluation processes for the grantees. S/he will support the coordination of Monitoring and Evaluation to grantees, and Grants Management processes.
Specific duties Programme Assistant – Grants M&E:
- Grants Management Role
- Provide support in administering of the grants management cycle. This includes documenting all processes from Pre-Award to Post-Award.
- Provide support to the fundraising and partnership team by ensuring that all necessary documents relating to grants management are well kept and filed accordingly
- Maintain accurate and complete records for submitted Quarterly narrative reports from grantees
- Ensure programme staff are informed about their deadlines on assignments relating to grantees
- Support the Grants and Compliance Manager in the drafting of Grant agreements for successful organisations.
- Conduct desk-review the funding proposals and concept notes from grantees to ensure that results and indicators are in line with the MEL Framework.
- With support from the Grants & Compliance Manager, develop a monitoring calendar on a quarterly basis for all AAZ partners.
- Conduct field assessment for potential grantees to verify the existence of MEL processes (Reporting tools, Reports, personnel, etc)
- Carry out any other related tasks that may reasonably be requested from time to time.
Monitoring and Evaluation Role:
- Support data capturing from grantees and updating Indicators in MEL Framework and records.
- Support the review of Quarterly narrative reports from grantees and provide feedback.
- Provide support during the prepare Quarterly project reports.
- Conduct Quarterly monitoring field visits to all grantees and produce monitoring reports.
- Participate in the preparation of annual Plans and Budgets as per planning and budgeting guidelines.
- Support the coordination of baseline surveys and evaluations for projects.
- Support the development of MEL Framework for funding proposals.
- Performing any other responsibilities as delegated.
- Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in demography, economics, social work, project management, Development studies, or related field from a recognised University.
- Certificate in M&E and or training will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 2 years of work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation and Grants Management.
- Demonstrable knowledge in project management and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Ability to cope with partnerships dynamics by employing an inclusive approach to deal with different partners.
- Strong writing skills for project reports and review project documents and reports.
- A self-starter, able to work alone and as part of a team.
- Fluent in written and spoken English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate and competence in the application of data analysis software (Excel, SPSS, etc)
Method of Application
To apply for the above positions, please send a motivation letter stating the position you are applying for and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address:
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted/successful candidates.