Akros strengthens national health systems in developing countries. We pride ourselves in our ground-level knowledge of the health systems where we work, and our ability to provide novel, lasting solutions implemented in developing regions.
The Akros Field Coordinator will, primarily, support MACEPA malaria projects implementing Reveal and associated data strengthening efforts by overseeing Akros surveillance officers who will be supporting districts through trainings, capacity building, data reviews and technical assistance. This position will liaise with stakeholders from the NMEP (National Malaria Elimination Program) Office, MACEPA program staff, District Health Office, Health Facilities and Akros senior management to facilitate program objectives and optimize resource flow.
The Field Coordinator will also support other Akros programs as needed or as skills dictate. The ideal candidate will be able to independently manage various programmatic deadlines, manage field teams, complete written reports, identify and communicate best practices for further discussion and action, and leverage implementation efforts across the program to add value to surveillance strengthening efforts.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with key stakeholders at national, provincial, district and facility levels.
- Support district micro-planning for IRS and LLIN activities and the preparation thereof.
- Conduct Reveal trainings for IRS activities and the preparation thereof.
- Manage and track the performance of Akros surveillance officers in each district providing required support where it is needed most.
- Identify key issues being experienced by the district teams and Akros surveillance officers and report them to senior Akros management
- Monitor quality od IRS data on the Reveal dashboards highlighting any key issues to the district and Akros teams to discuss responsive action.
- Collate and summarise weekly reports from the Akros surveillance officers
- Provide remote and in field support to the Akros Surveillance officers and district teams
- Identify districts that are struggling to follow the data and decision making protocols and provide additional capacity building where necessary
- Compile post season reports on the activities undertaken, success, challenges, data analysis and recommendations for future work.
- Conduct post season dissemination of the analysis and reports during post season meeting and through any other communication needed
- Where time allows, build any GIS skills that would be useful.
- Proactively meet with key stakeholders to strengthen program implementation.
- Proactively schedule meetings with the Program Manager to assess delivery status.
- Support other Akros programs as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years of experience in a relevant field – Public Health, Monitoring and Evaluation, Development Studies, or other related field.
- Well-versed in health information systems and working knowledge of the Zambian HMIS
- Experience creating training curriculum and teaching aides/guides
- Strong background in training or facilitating, especially within the Zambian context
- Working understanding of health-related monitoring and evaluation
- 2+ years of demonstrated experience working with or in a GRZ Ministry and a clear understanding of the structures, processes, protocols and personnel would be an advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Self-starter who will thrive through exemplifying ownership and initiative in assigned projects
- Excellent critical-thinking, creativity, and problem solving skills
- Works well with challenging and changing delivery schedules
Location and Term:
This position is based in Lusaka, Zambia, commencing on or about July 1, 2020 for a period through to December 2020. This position requires about 75% travel within Zambia.
Method of Application
Candidates will be interviewed on a rolling basis and are encouraged to apply early. To apply, please submit a cover letter and CV with references to with “Application: Surveillance Coordinator” as the email’s subject line.