Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position
- This position is existing order to provide management oversight of an integrated Project (SRHR, Governance, Child protection & participation) in Central province of Zambia.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Coordinate a multi-agency consortium for the delivery of a complex integrated Project (CIVSAM) in Zambia, with overall responsibility for achievement of targets
- Coordinate the writing and submission of regular narrative and financial reports to the donor.
- Identify the need for and coordinate input from MEL and quality assurance advisory partners to country operations teams.
- Ensure that the programme achieves and can document value for money.
- Ensure proper coordination and holding of planned periodic coordination meetings monthly, quarterly or annually as per grant governance requirements.
- Establish effective working relationships with the Sweden Program Manager and in-country team.
- Mediate between Plan International Zambia and consortium partners to maintain consistent delivery standards and good working relationships across projects.
- Ensure good relationships and regular, structured communications with support functions through for instance review and modification meetings and budget revision processes.
- A Postgraduate qualification in Social Sciences on related.
- Knowledge of development trends within the protection sectors, including policies and guidelines, SOPs particularly on child rights.
- A minimum of 3-5 years practical experience working with marginalised and rural communities, particularly girls.
- Experience in financial, budget and administrative management or related issues
- Knowledge of strategic planning processes and theories of gender transformation programming
- Knowledge of development issues, trends, challenges and opportunities and implications to community development
- Proven ability to develop project proposals and concepts
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates clear respect to all and especially children without discrimination
- Ability to develop, motivate and coach and mentor others
- Promotes high quality non formal child rights and SRHR programming
- Having initiative and able to work independently
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest to Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than Wednesday 17th June 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
Women are especially encouraged to apply.