Based in Lusaka and directly reporting to the Depot Manager in Ndola, the would-be employee will be responsible for management of empty Cylinders in the company’s LPG business.
The job holder shall ensure strict adherence to the company’s HSSEQ guidelines during the storage and distribution of empty LPG cylinders in the company’s and third party sites.
Nature and Scope of Activity:
The Petroleum industry in Zambia comprises over 30 oil marketing companies with Oryx Oil Zambia among the fast growing and ambitious OMC.
- Ensuring site compliance with relevant statutory health and safety legislation.
- Preparing and circulation of daily Cylinder movements reports.
- In liaison with the Depot Supervisors, document and facilitated the removal of Non-Conforming Cylinder from circulation.
- Facilitate the disposal of Non-Conforming Cylinders from circulation in line with the company’s HSSEQ guidelines.
- Conduct spot checks on POSs and Distributes sites.
- Prepare daily stocks position reports for management’s attention.
- Internal contacts
- Management Committee members
- Depot Supervisors
- Depot Operators
- Customer Service Assistants
- Logistics Coordinator
- Security staff
Education, Training & Skills:
- Certificate or Diploma in Engineering or Business qualification from a recognised institution.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Two years’ work experience, preferably in the Petrochemical industry.
- Basic understanding of LPG business will be added advantage.
- Understanding of basis Emergency response requirements i.e. First Aid and Firefighting will be added advantage
- Self-driven; ability to work independently and ability to make wise decisions on the spot.
- Good MS office skills: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Good communication skills, Listening, talking and writing
- Team player
- High level of integrity.
Address application letters to:
The Human Resource & Communications Officer,
Oryx Oil Zambia Ltd,
Plot No. 875 Zambia Road,
PO Box 230074,
Interested persons should apply enclosing Academic and Professional Qualifications, plus a Comprehensive CV: stating the Position in the Subject Line of the email to –
Hard copy application letters will not be considered.
The would-be employee will be based in Lusaka.