The Road Development Agency is a statutory organization whose function is to plan, manage and coordinate the road network in the country. The Agency is responsible for planning, care, maintenance and construction of public roads in Zambia. It also regulates the maximum permissible weights on roads, conducts studies for the development, maintenance and improvement of the road network, and reviews design standards and classification.
In order to implement this mandate the Road Development Agency now wishes to fill up the vacant position of as follows:
Reporting functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board and administratively to Director & Chief Executive Officer, the Director – Audit and Risk Assurance will be responsible for the provision of systematic, independent and objective assurance on internal controls, corporate governance, risk management and on safeguarding organisational resources against losses of all kind.
Main duties and Accountabilities:
- Furnishing RDA Management with analysis, appraisal, recommendations beyond the accounting and financial records.
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy, and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and promoting effective control at reasonable cost
- Ascertaining the extent to which compliance with established policies, plans, procedures and statutes and other Legal Covenants is done
- Ascertaining the extent of which Agency resources are accounted for and safeguarding from losses of all kinds
- Ensuring that Financial Management and other operating information is accurate, reliable and timely
- Ensuring that risks are appropriately identified and managed;
- Ensuring resources are acquired economically and efficiently;
- Appraising the quality and cost effectiveness of performance in carrying out assigned responsibilities;
- Reviewing , evaluating and assessing the integrity of the risk control systems and ensure that the risk management policies and strategies are effective
- Reviewing adequacy of all insurance coverage within RDA
- Reviewing and evaluating all banking services within RDA
- Recommending operating improvements
- Making suggestions as to the problem areas that the periodic audits need to address and ensure that recommendations are implemented
- Considering and reviewing key principles of good governance throughout the RDA Codes in line with the best practices
- Conducting special investigations and any other duties as may be assigned by the Board and Director and CEO.
Competencies, Skills and Character:
- Have a passion for the agency’s Vision, Mission: and Values and a strong desire to Impact positively on all RDA stakeholders
- Have a very high level of personal and professional integrity and trustworthiness
- Thrive in a fulfilling unparalleled work environment and maintain a comprehensive inventory of vehicles, plant and equipment
- Good manager, team builder, possessing strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact with fellow members of staff and external stakeholders at all levels
- Prudent, practical and effective change agent with the ability to drive consensus, while leading an efficiently run organisation
- Highly literate in Information Communication Technology (lCT)
- Honest, reliable, passionate, sober minded, mature and innovative.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Masters’ (Postgraduate) degree in Finance, Economics, Commerce, Business Administration or other related field
- Chartered Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- Membership of an appropriate body such as Zambia Institute of Certified Accountants (ZICA), Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants (ACCA), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (ClMA) and Institute of Auditors and
- At least 10 years relevant work experience at senior management level in a well-established organisation.
- Bachelor of Engineering an added advantage
Only candidates meeting the requirements should apply to:
The Director and Chief Executive Officer.
Road Development Agency.
PO Box 50003,
Fairley Road, Ridgeway
Kindly note that all copies of professional & academic qualifications should be certified as true copies of the original and enclosed together with a cover letter and up-to-date curriculum vitae with three traceable references.
Soliciting and lobbying in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
Only short-listed candidates will be communicated to. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.