The National Prosecution Authority (NPA) is an autonomous body established by the NPA Act No. 34 of 2010. Its mission is to “provide an effective and efficient prosecution service to the public in an accountable and transparent manner, in order to uphold the rule of law, justice and human rights”. In its quest to improve service delivery, NPA is hereby inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the following position:
Reports to: Purchasing and Supplies Officer
Duty Station: NPA Headquarters
Main Job Purpose:
To undertake the provision of storage, distribution and maintenance of procurement records in order to facilitate decision making.
Specific Duties and Requirements:
- Undertakes timely storage of goods in order to avoid loss and destruction.
- Maintains accurately an up-to-date Goods Register in order to maintain accurate record of all goods received.
- Maintains an efficient and effective storeroom operation by following procedures to receive, unpack, inventory, store (as necessary), account for, and issue to end users.
- Utilises a computer to determine stock balances, bin locations, inputs or retrieves data for routine operational needs, prepares reports, and performs perpetual inventory maintenance.
- Focuses on end user needs and end user satisfaction, promotes transparency and integrity to all staff within Authority.
- Conducts store counts, and other inventories of bin and bulk stock items and identifies and corrects discrepancies.
- Maintains tools, equipment, and machinery in operational condition by inspecting tools and equipment when returned to the stores area.
- Contributes to an accident-free work environment by keeping the stores area clean, neat and orderly.
Qualifications and Work Experience
- Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies or equivalent
- Must have a minimum of two (02) years experience of relevant post- qualification work
- Must be a Member of Zambia Institute of Purchasing and Supply
Skills and Other Attributes:
- Excellent writing and oral skills
- Able to write comprehensive reports
- Ability to work under pressure
- Must be Computer Literate
- Ability to lead and motivate staff ( managerial skills)
- Interpersonal skills
Method of Application
Applications accompanied with certified copies of Academic Certificates and Curriculum Vitae, should be directed to the Office of the Chief Administrator using the following address:
The Chief Administrator National Prosecution Authority,
Plot BLX 29B,
PO Box 33970,
Applicants who are not able to physically submit their application documents to the address given above are advised to submit their documents electronically using the following email address:
NPA is an equal opportunity employer. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates for interviews will be contacted.