Occupational Health and Safety Institute located in Kitwe, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health and established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 36 of 2010, is looking for suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the followings position:
To conduct Environmental Risk Assessment (ERA) in work places in order to facilitate a safe working environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To conduct Risk assessments and prepare reports in order to facilitate a safe work environment
- Maintain Occupational health and Safety standards in places of work
- Enforce timely inspection of workplaces in order to ensure adherence to occupational health and safety standards
- Conduct physiological examinations in order to facilitate decision making
- Timely calibration of Instrumentation before use and periodically
- Performance management preparation for effective monitoring and evaluation of
Qualifications and Experience:
- Full Grade 12 school certificate
- BSc Hygiene/ BSc Occupational Health and Safety or BSc Environmental Health
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the field of occupational hygiene
- Able to write comprehensively, analyse and compile technical reports
- Able to communicate effectively in English
- Registered member of the Health Professions Council of Zambia
- Registered with the Southern African Institute of Occupational Hygienists will be an added advantage
Candidates should send a cover letter, Educational & Professional Qualifications and a detailed C.V to:
Method of Application
The Board Chairman, Occupational Health and Safety Institute, P.O. Box 20205, KITWE or email at .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any queries contact the Institute on the following numbers: +260 212 226062; 0977511486