Occupational Health and Safety Institute located in Kitwe, a statutory body under the Ministry of Health and established under the Occupational Health and Safety Act No. 36 of 2010, is looking for suitably qualified and experienced Zambians to fill the followings position;
To undertake the provision of legal services to the Institute, Board, other relevant internal and external parties, in order to facilitate dispensation of justice
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prosecute effectively all criminal offences committed by employees of the Institution after approval by the Director of Public Prosecutions.
- Provides timely and appropriately legal services to the Institute, the Board and other relevant internal and external parties in order to facilitate decision-making.
- Provides timely legal representation for the Institute in order to preserve the integrity and reputation of the Institute
- Attend to all matters against the Institute in all the Courts of Law.
- Liaising with relevant authorities and facilitate the drafting of the relevant statutory instruments, possible amendments, guidelines and other legal documents.
- Carries out secretarial duties to the Board and Committees of the Board and serve as a focal point for communication between the Board and Management.
- Draft the agenda for the Board meetings in consultation with the Chairperson and Director and takes minutes during Board and Committee meetings.
- Collects, organises and circulates documents required at the Board or Committee
- Provides legal advice to the Board and committees.
- Ensures compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and other pieces of legislation which are related to the Institute’s operations.
- Provide custody of all legal corporate records pertaining to the Institute’s operations.
- Ensures safe custody and proper use of the Institute’s seal.
- Vets information to be released to the public.
Qualifications and Experience
- Full Form V or Grade 12 School Certificate or relevant qualification
- Bachelors of Law Degree, Master’s degree in Law-related field and post graduate diploma in drafting will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years working experience as an advocate and should have a valid practising certificate.
- Registered with the Law Association of Zambia.
- Able to write comprehensive legal documents.
- Able to argue a case sufficiently with legal knowledge in a clear and concise manner.
- Computer literate, effective team player, sober habits, trust worthy, honesty and integrity
- Able to communicate effectively in English
Candidates should send a cover letter, Educational & Professional Qualifications and a detailed C.V to:
The Board Chairman, Occupational Health and Safety Institute,
PO Box 20205,
Kitwe or email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For any queries contact the Institute on the following numbers: +260 212 226062; 0977511486