Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And it is girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 75 countries. Safeguarding children and young people is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
Plan International Zambia is looking for experienced, innovative, motivated, self-starter individuals to fill the following position
- The position of Monitoring and Evaluation officer is responsible for ensuring program effectiveness and learning in the delivery of Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia Project resilience through the empowerment of young people, women and men. He/she will provide technical leadership the Project team on M&E, including the development of the M&E System and Plan, monitoring tools, and operational planning, reporting and capacity building.
- The job holder is responsible for supporting Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia Project in planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes. This includes participating in consolidating and regular review of the Project Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) as well as developing and regular review of the MER plan. S/He is responsible for monitoring Project indicators, outcomes, budget and MER plans.
- Supports the development of MER Plans for Project effectiveness and learning in the delivery of activities.
- Strengthens and institutionalizes corporate monitoring systems and tools for the Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia Project for effective management of outcomes and results.
- Facilitates development of – participatory monitoring and evaluation systems including Community Participatory Monitoring and Evaluation (PM&E) Systems for enhanced accountability of the Project.
- Provides technical leadership in planning and coordination of Baselines, Assessments, Evaluations, Research and case studies to enhance performance measurement and learning in the Project.
- Leads Building Climate Resilient Rural Communities in Zambia Project team in generating and sharing lessons learnt and best practices from MER activities for continuous program improvement.
- A Bachelors Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent from a recognised university.
- At least 3 years practical work experience in monitoring & evaluation
- Demonstrated skills in usage of statistical packages
- Experience in Participatory methodologies
- Proven understanding of programming concepts and Human Rights Approaches to Development
- Strong analytical and logical ability
- Good knowledge of programming processes, systems and principles, and the ability to provide leadership and support to staff working at community level.
- Design and management skills
- Numeracy and the ability to interpret data, in order to provide management support to programming and budgetary processes including planning, monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitation and presentation skills
Method of Application
To apply, kindly send through your application letter and CV, clearly stating the job title of interest, and Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply enclosing their CVs, and photocopies of their relevant academic qualifications. Day time telephone and/or mobile contacts should be clearly indicated. Applications should reach the undersigned: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
Plan International provides equal employment opportunities to qualified and experienced women and men
Women are especially encouraged to apply.