The Water Resources Management Authority (WARMA) was established in 2012 under the Water Resources management Act No. 21 of 2011. Its main function is to promote and adopt o dynamic, gender-sensitive, integrated, interactive, participatory and multispectral approach to water resources management and development.
WARMA is responsible for managing and regulating the use of Zambia’s water resources in on integrated, participatory and sustainable manner taking into consideration the human, land, environmental and socio-economic factors. In order to effectively implement its functions, the Authority wishes to recruit a suitably qualified, self-motivated and experienced person for the following position:
Department: Water Resources Management and Information
Reports to: Water Resources Operations Manager
Location: WARMA Head Office- Lusaka
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate or its equivalent with English, Science & Mathematics
- Bachelor’s degree in any one of the following fields: Agricultural Engineering, Civil Engineering, Hydrogeology, Natural Resources Management, Physical Geography or equivalents
Master of Science in Integrated Water Resources Management or related field will be an added advantage:
- Post graduate diploma in project management or basic professional project management certificate
- Relevant Professional Membership:
- At ;east Five (5) years’ relevant work experience in water resources management preferably in the Zambian Water Sector; and
- Must be a Zambian Citizen,
- Experience in publishing of articles in credible scientific journals:
- An understanding of the regional and country’s context of water resources management
- Computer literacy
- Strong writing and analytical skills; and
- Good interpersonal skills.
Purpose of the Job:
- To facilitate, coordinate and undertake research in water resources management, development and conservation in order to inform and constantly improve the strategies, policies and operations of WARMA and the regulation of the Zambian Water Sector.
Main Duties and Accountabilities:
- Effectively and timely coordinate all water resources management, development and conservation related research undertaken by WARMA.
- Provide adequate liaison/ linkages between WARMA and research institutions.
- Provide effective leadership in advancing water resources related research in the Zambian Water Sector.
- Tamely and effective identify research areas and develop the terms of reference for the same.
- Effectively coordinate water resources related research that is undertaken by universities, research institutions or consultants in collaboration with or on behalf of WARMA,
- Mentor WARMA interns that are conducting research.
- Effectively and timely write research proposals for submission to potential funders.
- Effectively monitor and evaluate the performance of research programmes on water resources; and opproise the performance of personnel as assigned.
- Effectively participate in development, review and implementation of investments programme data base of water resources.
- Perform any other duties as delegated by superiors.
Interested persons should send the-ir. application letters supported by copies of certified academic and professional qualifications with detailed CVs with 3 traceable referees to the following address electronic applications shall not accepted.
The Director General,
Water Resources Management Authority,
Plot No LN-385-7 & 385-8, Alick Nkhata Rood,
PO Box 51059,
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted. applications received later than the closing date shall not be considered.