The National Technology Business Centre (NTBC) is a Statutory Body established by the Science. End Technology Act No. 26 of 1997 and Statutory instruments No.36 of 1999 both of which are founded in the National Science and Technology policy of 1996. NTBC is managed by a Board of Directors drawn from various sectors and industry. The Centre’s main objective is to ensure the promotion, marketing and transfer of proven and sustainable technologies to entrepreneurs in order to maximise their utilisation and contribute to sustainable, national industrial development.
NTBC is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Zambian Citizen as a Management Secretary for the Centre.
To provide secretarial and administrative duties far the office of the Director and Management in order to enhance Performance of Institutional Directives.
Nature of Employment:
Permanent and Pensionable.
Position reports to the Director.
Key responsibilities for the Management Secretary are:
- Type letters, Minutes and other documents as required in order to ensure timely communication of information.
- Receive all confidential and urgent correspondence and documents from both internal and external sources tar the office and apply appropriate attention and action.
- Attends promptly to all General inquiries for the office in order to facilitate correct information dissemination and reporting.
- Maintains diary of appointment and attend to visitors for the office of the Director.
- Performs Basic Administration duties to the Office of the Director and Management in order to facilitate smooth operations of the Centre.
- Put in place Director’s papers for presentation at Conferences, Seminars, and Workshops.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor or other superiors.
Key Competencies / Attributes:
- Good interpersonal skills, Honest, Excellent Management and Planning skills.
- Reliable, Self-motivated, Assertive, result oriented, Analytical and highly integral.
Qualifications and experience:
- Full Grade 12 Certificate, with at least 5 ‘0’ levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
- Advanced Certificate/ Diploma in secretarial studies.
- Typing with 80 – 120 wpm.
- Shorthand 100 – 120 wpm.
- Not less than five (5) years experience a similar position.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint. and other data and graphical presentation software.
- Diploma in Public Administration or Human Resources Management will be an added advantage
- Interested candidates should submit applications labeled Management Secretary detailed Curriculum Vitae of not more than 3 pages, copies of Academic and Professional qualifications, including contact telephone numbers and names and addresses of Three (3) traceable referees, two of whom must professionally be known to the candidate,
All applications must be addressed to:
National Technology Business Centre (NTBC),
8th Floor, New Government Complex, Nasser Road, Kamwala,
PO Box 51310 RW,
Tel No: +260 211 222473/222355 Fax: +260 211 222370
Electronic applications can be sent to.