The Zambia Health Education and Communication Trust (ZHECT) is an indigenous Zambian Non-Governmental, not for profit Organisation (NGO), registered under the laws of Zambia and dedicated to providing high quality health services, social behaviour change interventions, research and capacity building for the improvement of the health status and general wellness of people. ZHECT has accumulated a wealth of experience in providing Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV prevention and mitigation services to organisations and communities mainly in Zambia but also within Southern and East African Communities. ZHECT is therefore focused on HIV/AIDS/STI/Unplanned Pregnancy/Gender Based Violence prevention, provision of Sexual Reproductive Health services, and Social and Economic Empowerment among vulnerable and hard to reach communities.
ZHECT is applying for funding to implement a 5-year project to reach men, adolescents, women of reproductive age, and PLHIV with high quality private sector health services and would like to invite applicants for the positions listed below. These are contingent positions and will only apply once funding is secured.
The Technical Advisor will be responsible for the overall development, coordination, and capacity building of ZHECT’s social marketing interventions. The Technical Advisor will instill advanced Marketing and Business discipline thereby raise the bar on Social Marketing and increase sustainability and impact of the program. S/he will work closely with sub-partnering organisations to align and communicate activities to ensure consistent campaign messages. The Technical Advisor will design and oversee the execution of robust, insight-based Marketing plans, ensuring the application of a total market approach (TMA).
- Actively supports ZHECT’s marketing and communication to assure the development and disciplined execution of marketing plans for all products and services with detailed work plans and budgets as outputs. Oversee the design and development of creative briefs, media channel / media selection, messages etc.
- Actively supports coordination between programmer and research team at all critical stages of Research design and data finalisation. Set up processes ad work plans that would facilitate research department being supported in a timely manner by the programmers and vice versa.
- Builds capacity of senior and middle management staff in planning processes, tools and use analysis of information as well as presentation of data, results and report writing.
- Sets up forum for ZHECT for regular exchange and sharing of information in areas of social marketing, strategic implementation of programs, health and maternal and child health.
- Supports the Management Information System (MIS) in maintaining an updated, accurate database for internal use.
- Proactively identifies new business opportunities for innovative interventions for ZHECT programs
- Facilitates social marketing trainings to build their capacity to implement interventions that will increase the coverage of product distribution.
- Catalyses the evolution of sales and distribution to a more efficient and impactful level.
- Works closely with sub-partnering organisations to align and communicate activities to ensure consistent campaign messages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and key competencies
- Possession of an MPH or MBA or Masters in Marketing or relevant discipline health related field with 7 to 9 years relevant experience with at least 5 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Zambia.
- At least of 5 years’ experience social marketing.
- Significant proven experience in coordinating marketing plans as well as successfully operationalizing the plans.
- Proven experience in project development, planning, and facilitating technical training.
- Familiarity with the Zambia health system and, NGOs, and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of health and development programs in developing countries in general and Zambia specifically.
- Experience in designing and implementing HIV/AIDS prevention and mitigation programs in developing countries.
- Knowledge of international and local development, social marketing, social franchising, and health issues.
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- High degree of proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation and training skills.
- Good contacts with private health sector is highly desirable.
Method of Application
Please email application, CV, and copies of supporting academic qualifications to this email:
Or post/deliver to:
The Human Resources Manager, Zambia Health Education and Communications Trust, Plot No. 1551, Church Road, Fair View area, Post Net no. 221, P/B E835,
Clearly indicate the position applied for.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.