Medical Stores Ltd is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the pharmaceutical component of health care provision in Zambia through:-
Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals
Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information
Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs
Providing services to customers professionally
In order to enhance our service, we are seeking to employ for the following position:
Grade: MSL 4
Main purpose of the job:
To carry out internal auditing works of all Company operations and activities and provide independent assurance and consulting services.
Main responsibilities of the job:
1. Policy Formulation
- Assists in reviewing audit policies for the Company.
- Schedules audits, determines the resources that are necessary, and seeing that the approved audit plan is accomplished to the extent staffing allows.
2. Risk Management
- Assists in reviewing the strategic priorities and activities of MSL to evaluate and
- contribute to the improvement of risk management.
- Reviews implementation of the agreed management actions.
3. Audit Planning, Implementation and Reporting
- Assists in preparing annual audit plan according to the risks identified using risk
- management framework.
- Carries out value adding and risk based audits in all functions and facilities.
- Carries out physical verification of assets and reconciles with records maintained in the ledger and offices
- Evaluates efficiency and effectiveness of Controls, governance and Risk management.
- Undertakes investigations on frauds and irregularities at management request and follow up on regular audit findings.
4. Systems Audit and Improvement
- Carries out audit for staff recruitments, dismissals, separations and court litigations;
- Reviews audited bank reconciliations
- Carries out audit of Management Accounts
- Carries out audit of statutory obligations payments-NAPSA, ZRA;
- Carries out audit of malpractices processes.
- Carries out audit of service contracts and agreements.
- Advises management in the improvement of internal controls
- Supports and monitors implementation of the Whistle Blowing Policy
- Raises awareness of audit processes, purpose and audit findings to staff and other stakeholders.
- Visits all facilities on a rotation basis and review quality of services offered by MSL
5. Compliance Audit
- Assists the Chief Internal Auditor in ensuring that Company performs compliance
- review audits to ensure adherence to set policies and procedures
- Identifies compliance issues that require follow-up or investigation.
- Evaluates the efficiency of controls and contribute to the improvement.
- Assists in preparing quarterly Internal Audit Reports to the Audit Committee of the Board
- Carries out special investigations
- Follows-up audits on audit findings to ensure that corrective action has been taken.
- Revises procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or nonconformity issues
- Supervises Internal Auditors and reviewing their work.
- Must have a Full ACCA/or Degree in Internal Auditing or Related
- Must be Computer literate
- At least five years working experience as an Internal Auditor in a supervising position
- Proficiency in international standards for the professional practice of Internal Auditing.
- Must have an understanding of Management principles.
Method of Application
If you fit the above profile, please submit your application and an updated CV with relevant supporting documents on the address below. The applications should be submitted via email only and clearly indicating the POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
The Human Resource Manager,
Medical Stores Ltd,
PO Box 30207,
Please Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For clarifications please call HR Office on Ext.4213