Lubambe Copper Mine is located within the Greater Konkola Area of the Zambian Copperbelt and consists of a large – scale mining license covering an area of approximately 240 square kilometres. The mine is a modern, world class facility with fully mechanized underground operations.
Lubambe Copper Mine is owned by EMR Capital of Australia (80%) and ZCCM – Investments Holdings (20%).
The Mine is currently in a ramp up stage and will ultimately produce 45, 000 tonnes of contained copper and will employ approximately 2,000 people. The Plant infrastructure consists of a Concentrator plant, a laboratory and underground infrastructure. The Concentrator incorporates crushing, milling, flotation and filtration. The design capacity is 2.5 MTPA of ore at an average mill grade of 2.2% copper, yielding 45,000 tonnes of contained copper in concentrate to be sold to smelters in Zambia.
Lubambe Copper Mine seeks to employ experienced and qualified individuals in the following position:
This position reports to the Technical Services Manager.
Core Purpose of the Position
Responsible for providing Mine planning work at the mine site, generating the mine budget, the mine’s execution plan and to make strategic decisions.
Key Performance Areas/Indicators (KPA/Is):
- Developing Life of Mine plans and ensuring the lowest unit cost, adhere to highest safety standards and increase profit margins where possible.
- Develop ongoing mine designs and systems, ensuring performance and effectiveness. Prepare operating budgets and schedules.
- Developing and implementing new techniques and technologies to optimize processes.
- Reviewing design work to confirm best practices are observed and also co-ordinate and incorporate inputs from various sections e.g. geology, geotechnical engineering, mine operations survey into the production schedules and designs.
- Provide technical support, advice and assistance to operations, technical services and project groups.
- Advise and assist on project management processes to lead mine improvement projects.
- Interface across departments and outside firms to ensure deliverables align with overall strategy and meet objectives.
- Be pro-active in all aspects of operation safety, efficient utilization of resources, Continuous Improvement initiatives; and encourage teamwork across the departments.
- Coach, Mentor, supervise and train Mining Engineers.
- Perform other related functions as assigned by supervisor.
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
- University Degree – Bachelor of Mineral Sciences or Mining Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of related work experience
- Member of EIZ
- Knowledge and experience in developing policies and procedures relating to safety, the environment and individual, and organisational development
- Proficiency with MicroStation, Mine2-4D, Studio5D Planner, EPS or other industry standard mining software
- Proficiency in Deswik CAD, Deswik SCHED, Aegis, MS Office Suite
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Strong analytical mindset and attention to detail
- Consistently seeking opportunities to improve processes, systems and tools
- General knowledge of mining and the integration of the mining, milling, and maintenance functions
- General understanding of mining operations, as well as limited understanding of milling and maintenance operations
Method of application
Applicants who meet the above requirements are invited to send their Curriculum Vitae in MS word format:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.