ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation, sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with the marginalized, excluded women and young people, their organizations, and social movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty. ActionAid Zambia has the following vacancy for experienced and suitably qualified Zambians to fill in the following Project based position:
1.1 Job Purpose
The holder of the position shall be responsible for the implementation of the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) project under the supervision of the Programme Coordinator with the support of the Programmes Manager – Governance under civic participation.
1.2 Specific duties, Project Officer – Governance
1.2.1 NED Project Management
- Provide support in administering of the grants management cycle. This includes documenting all processes from Pre-Award to Post-Award.
- Conduct trainings in all the target provinces for journalist (Investigative, News review, Columns, and feature writing) in democratic governance, transparency and fundamental freedoms and capacitating them on enhancing mechanisms for protecting and claiming civic and political spaces.
- Conduct trainings for CSOs and grass root movements on principles of good governance and state accountability.
- Facilitate district, provincial and national level dialog between right holder and duty bearers (Interface meetings) in all the four provinces of fundamental freedoms and rule of law. Human rights and citizen entitlements and further connect the struggles of the HRDs. (Interface meetings)
- Conduct capacity building, scenario building and risk analysis both at local and national level in all four provinces.
- Conduct awareness raising campaigns targeted at HRDs on some of the unprogressive laws (NGO Act, Bill 10, Public order Act, electoral Act and gas constitution to women groups, the young people, Faith-based organisation, CSOs , Human right defenders and media and the general public in Communities in all the four provinces
- Conduct advocacy activities on the need for legal review on some bill such as, public order Act, NGO Act, public order Act, proposed cyber bill and further advocate for enactment of the Access to information bill and other related polices that contribute to shrinking civic and political space
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation activities to assess the impact of the project in all the four provinces
- Support towards implementation of the NED Project and other tasks maybe assigned whenever necessary
1.3 Minimum Requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in development or other related social sciences from a recognized University.
- A minimum of at least one (1) year experience in governance, democracy, or human rights Programmes.
- A fair understanding of Governance issues
- Demonstrable experience in design projects, writing reports, developing work plans and working within influential coalitions and networks.
- Identify organizations and facilitate development of partnerships at operational level and use the partnership for scaling up interventions through collaborative alliances.
- Demonstrate experience in advocacy and campaigning, research, and policy analysis
- Understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
Method of Application
Application: To apply for this position, please send your updated Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address: Clearly indicate the position applied for in the subject line.
ActionAid is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EoE), however; qualified women are encouraged apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed/successful candidates.
Action Aid’s Website: