Do you have sales expertise in the mining and construction industry? If you’re experienced in leading a large sales and service line organisation, then we would like to talk with you!
Being a leading supplier of equipment, tools, services, support and technical solutions for the mining and construction industry requires commitment. At Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology, we’re in the forefront of developing solutions within automation, electrification and digitisation and we aim to provide our customers in every corner of the world with the best possible experience. Welcome to take part in transforming the global mining and construction industries together with us!
As Vice President of Sales for Central Africa (DRC, Tanzania and Zambia), you’re accountable for performance and results, as well as for planning, resourcing and attainment of overall revenue development for our divisions. You lead the development of sales and service strategies, review and advice on policies, pricing and products mix, and are overall responsible for the execution of our sales area strategy. As a member of Sandvik Mining and Rock Technology’s extended management team, you take an active part in setting the strategic direction, executing our plan and driving overall company benefits and efficiencies by cross functional collaboration.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Develop and execute sales area strategy and execution plans together with relevant SMRT divisions
- Lead and develop customer relationships and coordinate business development across multiple divisions
- Create a customer oriented and agile organisation with strong performance management
- Leading the Sales Area Management team and reviewing and monitoring sales and service performance, as well as refining strategies as required
- Managing, motivating and influencing teams as driven by business needs
- Developing the organisation and adapting to market needs and strategies
- Ensuring that the organisation attracts, retains and develops exceptional people in all areas
- Ensure compliance with safety policies and applicable government, customer or industry regulations or requirements
- Working closely with SMRT stakeholders and creating a collaborative environment for enhancing sales and service growth
The location for this position is in Kitwe, Zambia:
- Your background and character
- We’re looking for a Vice President of Sales who has highly developed leadership skills that inspire, mentor and manage people to perform at their very best. You have the demonstrative ability to lead in a matrix organisation, with and without solid reporting lines and with multiple stakeholders. You also have highly developed interpersonal skills, including the ability to negotiate at this senior level.
- To be an ideal candidate for this position you have:
- Experience in the mining and construction industries, while knowledge of industry operations, dynamics and key players being hugely advantageous
- Experience of leading a large sales and service line organisation in a B2B environment
- Experience of leading and developing multi-million USD customer relationships and coordinating business development across multiple divisions
- A proven track record of leading sales culture change across a large matrix organisation
- 10 to 15 years’ experience of sales leadership at senior management level
- Financial awareness, an appreciation of financial matters impacting the business, recognising the importance of control of costs and maximisation of profit potential
- Strategic planning, compliance and operational experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Business/Commercial
- Lived and worked for in Zambia/Africa is a big advantage
- English language skills, while French and Mandarin are an beneficial
Sandvik offers a comprehensive total compensation package including a competitive benefits package. In addition, we provide opportunities for professional competence development and training, as well as opportunities for career advancement.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: