At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- Maintain inspections and quality control systems, in order to maintain contractual obligations
- Oversee building contractors during construction projects to ensure site requirements are met within safety and quality standards
- Develop & define the scope of works and resources required on various projects
- Develop and implement project controls & create budgets for projects
- Preparing schedules, work progress, production and other reports (Ms Projects)
- Setup a certification system for construction quality control
- Allocating resources, transport & materials, sub-contractors and other staff
- Supervision and implementation of all projects to Architectural & Engineered plans
- Provide training and development opportunities for all direct reports on an ongoing basis, with a particular focus on Zambian employees
- Responsible for projects costs, cost control, waste control and daily time management
- Meets construction budget against expenditures
- Ensuring all safety procedure are enforced on site
- Updates job knowledge with emerging construction practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities
- Other duties as directed by the Supervisor
- Grade 12 School certificate or Ordinary level certificate and
- Construction Management, Civil Engineering or Quantity Surveyor Degree / Diploma from recognized Institution.
- Craft certificate in either plumbing, electrical, bricklaying or carpentry
- At least six years post qualification working experience
- Good knowledge of building construction in regards to Civils & Steel portal Frames and general maintenance
- Good knowledge of safe operation of concrete mixers, basic hand and power tools
- Good knowledge of work place safety including safe handling and lifting procedures
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Ability to work under pressure and complete work on schedule
- Ability to pay attention to details i.e. Good quality workmanship.
- ERB & EIZ
- Valid Silicosis certificate
- GRZ driving licence
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: