At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
The holder of this position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function.
- This position will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality and any other regulations as required by the company.
- Ensuring that all copper concentrate samples received are logged in the Laboratory information Management system (LIMS) and prepared within agreed turnaround times.
- Ensuring that sampling procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Ensuring that sample buckets/containers are properly labelled and sealed.
- Ensuring that both auto samplers for copper concentrates are cleaned.
- Ensuring that all samples are signed for by sample preparers upon delivering them to the sample preparation section of the Laboratory.
- Report any anomaly that may arise in sampling of copper concentrates to the responsible chemist,
- Report any malfunction of the sampling equipment to the relevant authorities.
- Carrying out any other task as assigned by the c.
- Working co-operatively
- Being open and honest
- Maintaining of Good House Keeping
- Upholding Safety
- Encouraging two way communications.
- Attending daily team toolbox meetings.
- Act in line with Company goals and values.
- A full Grade 12 Certificate with clear passes in English, Sciences and Mathematics
- Relevant experience will be an added advantage and not a requirement.
- Bold Initiative
- Thinking Safety
- Upholding Quality
- Technical Skill
- Driving Quantity
- Driving Attendance
- Training in handling of chemicals
- Training in basic computers
- Training in use of sample preparation equipment
- Training in LIMS
- Shift work
- Training in procedure application
- Valid silicosis certificate.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: