Coca-Cola Beverages Africa (CCBA) is the eighth largest Coca-Cola bottling partner worldwide and the biggest on the African continent, serving 13 countries in sub-Saharan Africa. We boast a diverse pan-African footprint with more than 36 bottling plants serving over 600,000 outlets across the continent.
We aim to be the leading Coca-Cola bottler in Africa, delivering profitable and sustained growth through increased availability and access to Coca-Cola beverages across Southern and East Africa. Coca-Cola Beverages Zambia represents the world’s most cherished trademark and invests in the most exciting events.
We are inviting applications from a young ambitious and highly motivated graduates to undergo an intensive graduate training program.
The Graduate Trainee Program is designed to give the successful graduate hands-on training in manufacturing Development. The candidate will be exposed to learning opportunities with an aim to build their competency, skills and knowledge across various disciplines in the Manufacturing Department with the ultimate view of preparing them for future roles in the business based on performance.
The graduate trainee will be required to undergo intensive Development programs for 18 months.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- To improve production procedures, processes and controls.
- To conduct research, design plus development of manufacturing processes inclusive of production flow, assembly procedures and production equipment.
- To prepare standard costs and evaluation on multiple product lines for different facilities.
- To conduct product and process analysis for quality improvement, cost reduction and enhanced efficiency.
- Support operations manager to identify, install and initiate manufacturing and packaging equipment’s.
- To solve systematic problems to save costs, minimize risks and losses and to improve productivity in line with the stipulated benchmarks.
- To implement and actively support the formulation of change interventions to meet operational targets.
- To conduct work practice maturity assessments and ensure that the best practices are being applied correctly.
- To manage immediate material availability needs
- To participate in production planning meetings to highlight maintenance problems requiring attention.
- To ensure that team members understand and adhere to quality standards.
- Ensure handover procedures are followed
- To communicate the production schedule, shift production and overall shift performance
- Optimizing process performance.
- Managing planned maintenance system integrity and optimal usage.
- Facilitating problem solving.
- Ensuring that all team members are fully conversant with the manufacturing methodologies.
- Developing and driving implementation plans to progress maturity in the Manufacturing Way principles and practices.
- Cost Control.
Skills, Experience & Education:
- Must have a Degree in either one of the following disciplines with a merit or better Environmental Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Production Engineering or industrial engineering
- Must be a recent graduate from the University within the past 3 years (2017 – 2019)
- GCE O Level certificate holder with a merit in both Sciences and Mathematics
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Highly adaptable
- Must not be more than 30 years old
- Be enthusiastic and willing to learn
- Strong level of analytical skills and computer literacy.
Method of Application
Submit your CV and application on company website: