VisionFund Zambia Ltd is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit qualified candidates who are self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Chief Operations Officer
Provides supervision to: Debt Recoveries Officers
Location: Head Office – Lusaka
The Debt Recovery Manager is responsible for coordinating the debt recovery process and minimising arrears in VisionFund Zambia. Manages a group of collection/recovery systems, supervisors and develops collection strategies to minimize “bad debt” portfolio loss. Responsible for initial and ongoing training for all subordinates.
- To manage recovery action of all loans that are in arrears/owed to VisionFund Zambia Ltd in accordance with the systems, processes and guidelines of the company, updating and maintaining appropriate systems to ensure that all recovery measures are based on correctly held data.
- To engage with customers using a variety of means to obtain information which can be used in the debt recovery process and to ensure that debtors are advised of their position and the procedures that will be followed to recover the debt.
- Engage with customers and reach a realistic and affordable repayment plan which is informed where possible by an accurate financial statement.
- To advise Management on issues affecting the debt recovery processes, both in general terms and on individual cases.
- Maintain an extensive knowledge of statutory requirements and recognized good practice in connection with accounting and recovery procedures including areas of economical and social change that affect repayment capacity and income generation of of customers.
- To attend court and present best evidence to obtain appropriate order, variation orders etc and where appropriate assisting the Court Bailiff to secure our monies.
- It is also the responsibility of the Debt Recovery Manager to look for insights and root causes of defaults, take appropriate corrective action and report such to Senior Management.
- He/she will make suggests whether loans should be rescheduled or restructured following loan restructure and reschedule policy.
Minimum qualification requirements and competencies:
- University Degree in Law, Economics, Accounting, Banking and Finance or Business Administration.
- Experience in credit and deposit operations.
- Determined personality with initiative, perseverance and the ability to motivate and manage a team
- Capability and willingness to take responsibility and highly developed sense of rectitude
- Ready to comply and live up to and in accordance with the organization Ideals and Core Values
- Be a good trainer, facilitator, mentor, and coach
- Very good communication and marketing skills
- Good knowledge in economic and financial matters
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
Method of Application
The People & Culture Manager,
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe road Olympia,
PO Box 33911,