Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd is a reputable aviation organization with a mission to provide World Class Airport and Air Navigation Services at the four major airports namely; Kenneth Kaunda in Lusaka, Simon Mwansa Kapwepwe in Ndola, Harry Mwaanga Nkumbula in Livingstone and Mfuwe International Airports and Ten (10) Provincial and strategic Airports.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zambian nationals with a vision to excel in the following position:
Summary of duties and responsibilities
- Reporting to the Assistant Security Officer, the job holder shall carry out duties as assigned by superiors and ensures that no acts of unlawful security related interference occur at the Airport.
- Carry out thorough inspection, screening, searching and access control of passengers, staff, visitors and goods between unrestricted and restricted areas of the airport.
- Ensuring that no weapons, firearms, explosives, other offensive materials and prohibited items are carried to restricted areas or on board the aircraft.
- Escort and monitor the movement of baggage to and from the aircraft to ensure it is not tampered in any way.
- Thoroughly checking all necessary documentation of passengers and identification permits for staff and visitors and their belongings to ensure that such documents are valid.
- Do a physical inspection and proper recording of goods to and from the Lost and Found storeroom.
- Keeping all lockable places locked as required.
- Ensuring proper and recorded handover of points of duty, equipment, relevant information and so forth before knocking off duty and vice versa.
- Operate aviation security patrol vehicles as assigned by superiors
Qualifications & Experience:
- Applicants must possess the following qualifications and experience
- Have a minimum GCE / School certificate with a minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels inclusive Mathematics and English
- Must be a Zambian Citizen
- Minimum Degree in Social Sciences or equivalent
- Physically and mentally fit
- Recommended Requirements (Added Advantage):
- Valid drivers’ license
- Certificate in relevant specialist training
- Some military or security background or exposure
- The salary and benefits shall be commensurate to the position.
Method of Application
Applications with detailed CVs and copies of certificates indicating daytime telephone/fax numbers, names and contact addresses of three traceable referees, should be submitted to the undersigned:
The Director Human Resources,
Zambia Airports Corporation Ltd,
Kenneth Kaunda International Airport,
PO Box 30175,
Or email to
Please note that applications via email should be sent as one pdf / word document containing all required copies/cover letter.