Caritas Czech Republic is an international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title Multi-sectoral interventions to prevent the spread and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic in Western Province and Lusaka, Zambia. The project aims at strengthening public health responses and improving community awareness, to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigating its impact on the affected livelihoods and agriculture markets.
- Support Project Manager and project team in distribution
- Management of distribution of items for beneficiaries according to set protocol and guidelines
- Plan and coordinate regular and irregular distribution schedules with project team, coordinate especially with Procurement department
- Generate distribution lists and accordingly plan and request for prepositioning of distribution items
- Ensure proper and timely communication of the distribution time and place to beneficiaries in collaboration with Community Volunteers
- Ensure that the items for distribution are adequately sorted and packed for suitable and trouble-free distribution
- Supervise loading and offloading of commodities and items at each distribution point
- Ensure that each beneficiary signed and acknowledged receipt of the distributed item on the distribution list and timely submits all the records to the Project Accountant
- In the completion of each distribution, reconcile all waybills, distribution lists and remaining items at hand and produce distribution performance report.
- Properly maintain necessary records and file in organized fashion.
- Support project team in any other tasks when necessary
- Arrange goods/items in a certain order and location according to project requirement
- Support team/beneficiaries movement and related logistics
- Completion of secondary school education and certificate or diploma in Logistics Management, Supply Chain or Business/Administration Studies
- Proven experience of at least 2 years in related field
- Experience with project cycle management is an advantage
- Experience working with international organizations or NGOs is an advantage
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Fluent in Bemba, knowledge of Swahili and French is an advantage
- Excellent computer skills – MS office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and internet
- Excellent organization skills, diligent, accurate, attentive to detail
- Integrity and willingness to work and produce results in a dynamic environment
- Excellent time management, commitment, team worker, reliable and hardworking, able to work under pressure.
- Duty station: Mongu/ Lusaka Zambia (indicate in your motivation letter and Subject email preferred duty station)
- Starting date: August 2020
- Caritas Czech republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) to the following email address: or at our office. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Distribution Officer – Mongu/Lusaka
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Distribution Officer – Mongu/Lusaka– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Distribution Officer – Mongu/Lusaka– cover letter
Caritas Czech reserves the right to cancel the process at any stage